Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help again! Gold Verwundetenabzeichen and death card

Article about: Leaving the finish to one side, is the badge original?

Default Need help again! Gold Verwundetenabzeichen and death card

I am looking at purchasing this.........the last item for the month of Jan and I wanted to get opinions. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help again! Gold Verwundetenabzeichen and death card   Need help again! Gold Verwundetenabzeichen and death card  

Need help again! Gold Verwundetenabzeichen and death card  
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-07-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help again! Gold Verwundetenabzeichen and death card
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help again! Gold Verwundetenabzeichen and death card

I don't like the finish to the badge.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade! I appreciate your help!

Sam

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I don't like the finish to the badge.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi, Ade. I'm curious as to why (I'm not disagreeing, just want to learn what you are seeing). I think it looks spray painted.

Exactly.

This should be a later zink badge and the finish should not look like this both in appaearance and colour shade.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I would expect this badge to have the swirl on the reverse

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The paint on the back actually resembles the kind you would use on Christmas decorations.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Again, I am new to these, but I have spray painted just about everything known to man with some very nice equipment, including cars and for someone to be able to do this without one spot of accumulation would be astounding.

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Again, I am new to these, but I have spray painted just about everything known to man with some very nice equipment, including cars and for someone to be able to do this without one spot of accumulation would be astounding.
    Astounding, yes, but not impossible. Maybe not spray painted per se, perhaps a more commercial paint sprayer for spraying houses, etc, that makes a finer mist so it does not accumulate, who knows. Spray paint was just the first thing I thought of when I first looked at the pics.

I see your point. The back would not be an issue, but the front would take a fine touch with a very fine brush.....which could be done!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast