Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille

Article about: Hi, a couple new arrivals in the mail today. These are the first German medals I have bought, and after seeing, and handling up close, I really like these medals. Especially the Ostfront Med

Default New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille

Hi, a couple new arrivals in the mail today. These are the first German medals I have bought, and after seeing, and handling up close, I really like these medals. Especially the Ostfront Medaille, I also collect hand grenades, so fits right in. I paid $50US each, and think they were probably a fair price, and worth it to me. Cheaper is always is better, but......... No idea what they really go for

I understand the wound badge is the equal to our Purple Heart medal? I have my Uncles named Purple Heart/case given to him posthumously about 1949, when they finally found the plane & crew. Having a German equivalent of the PH is nice to have in my collection.

I would like to find an EK2 w/ribbon, and the small dual ribbon bar to complete the group, but after reading some posts here, I see there are some VERY good fakes out there. I would like a very worn used example, and will proceed Carefully!

The wound badge is maker marked "88", like the flak guns and from what I can find out, that is Werner Redo, Sarrlautern.
    Is this correct??? If so, they did good work, it is very nicely detailed.

What years were these medals made in approx?? Does anyone know??

Enjoy the pics Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille   New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille  

New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille   New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille  

New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille   New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille  

New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille

Hi Steve. Nice originals about the right price, and yes 88 is for Werner Redo. Always better when they are marked
    thanks for sharing

Default Re: New Arrivals/Wound Badge/Ostfront Medaille

Hi Steve, they all look like like good items. They just say "original". Very nice. Almost impossible to date the awards, but you will be looking at mid war era, circa 1942/1943 or later. I like the Soviet items too of course.

Cheers, Ade.