Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Please help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Silber

Article about: Please opinion

Default Please help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Silber

Please opinionPlease help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in SilberPlease help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in SilberPlease help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in SilberPlease help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Silber
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-04-2015 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Editted the title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Silber
    P
    Many

Hello Swinemunde68,
    This is a first type wound badge sometimes known as the Legion Condor badge.
    It looks like a nicely detailed wound badge.
    Allthough the hardware doesn't match what is considered to be textbook I quite like the set up.
    The original badges have a broad tapering pin but yours has a later type coke bottle pin reminiscent of later issued awards.
    I am not really sure what are the accepted frontal types for these badges.

I think it is supposed to ba a 'Hohl Verbödet' type which means it is a hollow backed badge with a back plate soldered on and I think I do see some tiny indications that this is what has been done with this badge but better photographs of the edges would help

Do you have the weight of the badge? Originals seem to weigh in around 25 grams...any heavier and it may be a solid badge.

Anyway to conclude I would have this in my collection at the right price knowing what I think I know.

I hope some more folks with better expertise in these badges add some input.

Big Ned, Norm F....we need you

All the best
    Doug

Please help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in SilberPlease help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in SilberPlease help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in SilberPlease help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in SilberPlease help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in SilberPlease help !!! Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Silberfoto

20gr brews now I know that it is empty copy,20gr brews now I know that it is empty copy and lipping badges sides like I do not like the space of two cast parts and the center is empty?

Quote by Swinemunde68 View Post
    20gr brews now I know that it is empty copy,20gr brews now I know that it is empty copy and lipping badges sides like I do not like the space of two cast parts and the center is empty?
    That is possible, there were hollow closed badges produced.
    Although I have not studied them, this one looks pretty good to me as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    That is possible, there were hollow closed badges produced.
    Although I have not studied them, this one looks pretty good to me as well.
    Ralph.
    should be buntmetal and it is not? Hohl Verböde -buntmetall, the weight should be 25gr and 20gr not, and as in / in, it's a bad mark I think so

Hello swinemunde68
    Thanks for the extra pictures.
    I actually think this is a good badge as there are indications that this really is a two piece badge with ww2 style hardware.
    As I mentioned before I would be happy adding this badge to my collection at the right price.

What I am not happy about is you posting my responses over on german combat awards as if they are yours.... You need to come up with some original thoughts of your own or do your own research

I like it too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!