Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.

Article about: Hi people, picked this up at a history fair at the local market where i work, it was in a box of british cap badges and the seller just said it was a "stahlhelm badge". as you can

Default Re: Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.

I felt that the mark was too large and rectangular to be the footprint from the pin.
    Blurry photos do not help.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.   Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.
    P
    Many

i personally do not have any questions as to how the badge came to be in it's present form. the only thing i am not certain of is the authenticity of the badge itself without regard to the modifications we see.

i can only assume that it was modified to be displayed in a way other than wear in the traditional manner.

Ralph I completely understand what you are saying.

in the photo provided, as blurry as it is, the mark appears rectangular. this is either an artifact of the low resolution of the photograph at hand or it could possible be the fact that what play these pins do have when attached is "side to side" and not "up and down". if a pin where subject to this lateral movement over the years when attached, the mark would become more rectangular than round and i think perhaps that is one explanation for that rectangular appearance.

?

Gunny, can you take any better, closer, clearer images of the areas the guys are showing please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Ralph I completely understand what you are saying.

in the photo provided, as blurry as it is, the mark appears rectangular. this is either an artifact of the low resolution of the photograph at hand or it could possible be the fact that what play these pins do have when attached is "side to side" and not "up and down". if a pin where subject to this lateral movement over the years when attached, the mark would become more rectangular than round and i think perhaps that is one explanation for that rectangular appearance.
    tempy, even with side to side play, a round pin would not create a rectangular mark.
    You know what happens when you assume!
    If the original poster is looking to have authentic items in his collection, he should stay away from one that requires this much explaining.
    JMHO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    tempy, even with side to side play, a round pin would not create a rectangular mark.
    You know what happens when you assume!
    If the original poster is looking to have authentic items in his collection, he should stay away from one that requires this much explaning.
    JMHO.
    Ralph.
    as to your first point, even though we go way back, i must disagree. if you take a dowel rod with a round end and move it side to side in clay, you will indeed end up with a rectangle. and sometimes, as you know, these pins don't sit "flat-footed" as it were, but at something of an angle somewhat away from totally flush.

as to your second point, very wise words i could not have expressed more elegantly!

i must say, however, that this little badge is generating discussion, pondering, and critique far beyond what might have been expected when Gunny first picked it up.

we are getting to the point where this exercise in and of itself may be worth the price he paid!

as to your first point, i must disagree. if you take a dowel rod with a round end and move it side to side in clay, you will indeed end up with a rectangle. and sometimes, as you know, these pins don't sit "flat-footed" as it were, but at something of an angle somewhat away from totally flush.
    You may end up with an oblong, but never a rectangle.
    Ralph.

on the other hand, Ralph, i have to say when it comes to seeing and perceiving the smaller things, you aren't really someone whose observations i want to take lightly!

- - Updated - -

Quote by rbminis View Post
    You may end up with an oblong, but never a rectangle.
    Ralph.
    touche!

on the other hand, Ralph, i have to say when it comes to seeing and perceiving the smaller things, you aren't really someone whose observations i want to take lightly!

- - Updated - -

touche!

Clearer photos would certainly help.
    Ralph.

probably there isn't much left to say. unless Gunny wants to provide some higher res pictures or better yet, ship it to you, you ship it to me, and i ship it back to Gunny.

then, i think, we can turn up the heat on this discussion a bit.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast