Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.

Article about: Hi people, picked this up at a history fair at the local market where i work, it was in a box of british cap badges and the seller just said it was a "stahlhelm badge". as you can

?

Default Re: Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i must say, however, that this little badge is generating discussion, pondering, and critique far beyond what might have been expected when Gunny first picked it up.
    But much better than a list of one liner comments.

It's good to see a decent discussion going and generating some good points in a well presented manner!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.
    P
    Many

Thank you all so much for the discussion, it's great to see so much interest. Yes i'll admit to anyone i aint the worlds best photographer, i'll try to get some more shots tomorrow in natural light.

what kind of camera are you using?

Sad to say, though, it's all academic. Even if this were an absolutely original badge(which I do not believe it is, of course), it's horridly worn down almost to oblivion and has been drastically mutilated, losing all of it's "original" hardware and having a big strange Clip of some sort glob-soldered onto it's back. Monetary value? Zippo, I'd have to say. About all it might be useful for would be to shim beneath a wobbly table leg...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

hahahaha! nooooo! i have this image of visiting a friend for coffee at a particularly stable table, only to look down and find it's been made that way by the judicious placement of an SWB.

i mean sure... it's worth nothing. but it provides a decent exercise with respect to practicing your critiquing skills. that's got to be worth something in this endless endeavor we're all wallowing in!

?

If anyone visits William, it might be worth remembering to check under the legs of his furniture. You might just find a DKiG or the odd Blut Ordern lying about the place.......

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    what kind of camera are you using?
    Sony a200, lens is a tamron 70-300 with a macro setting.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Sony a200, lens is a tamron 70-300 with a macro setting.
    I've got one of those lenses which can take some superb close ups in the right conditions. The lens needs to be a little way away from the subject though. For proper macro shots, you need a dedicated macro lens. Is the Tamron the only lens you have with the camera?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I've got one of those lenses which can take some superb close ups in the right conditions. The lens needs to be a little way away from the subject though. For proper macro shots, you need a dedicated macro lens. Is the Tamron the only lens you have with the camera?
    It's the only lens i have with a macro capability, maybe i do need a dedicated macro lens for this forum!...

Take your photos from a little further away so the lens can focus. The rest can be done with a photoshop program.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast