Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.

Article about: Hi people, picked this up at a history fair at the local market where i work, it was in a box of british cap badges and the seller just said it was a "stahlhelm badge". as you can

Default Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.

Hi people, picked this up at a history fair at the local market where i work, it was in a box of british cap badges and the seller just said it was a "stahlhelm badge". as you can see there is quite a bit of wear to it but a couple of things puzzle me, first i can't decide if the remaining finish is gold or silver, in daylight it looks gold and secondly the odd looking spring steel clip.
    On the rear you can see where the pin pivot and clasp should be, but i can't see any file marks, what do you guys think, is it a field repair or just a fake, if a fake i'm not too bothered as it was cheap!...Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    My first guess would be fake. Due to the odd appearance of the rear rivet on the helmet and the fact that the blades of the swords appear very short at the tip.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ah well it was very cheap, thank you for the info!.....

Did any awards have this type of clip?

No, none that I am aware of.

Tom

i can see that you see this too... the original hardware was removed and replaced by someone. you can see the base of the original hinge... faded... but still there. just beneath that, and in the exact centre, is the small "pock" mark from the bent end of the original pin as you will normally see at this spot in any WB.
    the base of the catch at the bottom of the badge's reverse is also there.
    the original hardware was filed off.

it's a modified badge.

was the badge itself ever original? i probably have to throw in with Ralph on that one. hard to see detail as the detail is so worn, but the points he makes are valid.

Modified and fake, thanks folks i'll know better next time!....

I'm still mulling it over...... the rear rivet IS STRANGE looking but I have seen short sword tips before - and there is evidence of where the lugs of the hinge and catch once were before being removed and the funny clip soldered on. ....... on the fence IMO
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hmmm, the plot thickens!.....

look at the point where the left sword tip comes out from behind the helmet. this flaw does not look like one that could be caused by wear. obviously i don't have the thing in hand, but it looks like it was the way the badge was made. and this flaw is not something you would see in an original.

also, there are "bent" lines that, again, i don't think could be caused by wear. there appear to have resulted in some defect in the way the badge was made (you're better off looking at this and then the original photo above using magnification):

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast