Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts of Verwundetenabzeichen.

Article about: Hello Brett... I looked at the original badge here earlier, for some reason, with no thought of Weidmann or Deschler badges. Which is odd because I own examples of this type myself. Maybe I

?

Default Thoughts of Verwundetenabzeichen.

I recently made a post with a medal and badge lot. From this lot there are a couple of items I am considering buying. These 3 wounded badges are some of them. Let me hear what to think of these 3.

Cheers
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts of Verwundetenabzeichen.   Thoughts of Verwundetenabzeichen.  

Last edited by Adrian; 09-05-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts of Verwundetenabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Thoughts of Verwundetenabzeichen.

I'm not liking the Sibler one, I do not like the pin & catch on it.
    Thanks, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    I'm not liking the Sibler one, I do not like the pin & catch on it.
    Thanks, Glen.
    I agree with Glen, I don't like the pin and the catch has been replaced.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

To add onto my previous post. I do not think that you should buy any of these wound badges.
    Firstly, the wound badge in black is an original (103 by Aug. Tam of Gablonz), but has been badly touched up after the original has been lost.
    The wound badge in silver is bad as stated before.
    The wound badge in Gold is also bad and is known as a 'Floch fake', the reverse is completely wrong.
    Thanks, Glen.
    PS, I do not take credit for this information, as a friend helped me out

I 100% agree with Glenn! Walk away !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

yep. bad situation here.

to add to what has been previously said, you might also note that in the gold there are 4 lines in the left-most sword guard instead of 5. you will also notice that the other 3 cross guard have 5 lines. this inconsistency is not characteristic of genuine 30s and marks this badge as a fake.

the silver carries this same trait as well as the sword handles which are wrong. there are a lot of problems with both gold and silver VWAs here.

?

Thanks a lot for the info guys! I will say no to these then.

Cheers
    Alex

?

Hello Gents
    Check out this link regarding the silver badge
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...-maker-113438/

Regards
    Brett

you're making me want to see some much better pictures of these things. especially the back around the catches. the catch on the "30" is wrong in my experience and so is the example here were one to call it a Deschler or Weidmann. maybe the catch has been replaced (as mentioned previously by rbminis and others)? someone can correct me, but i still do not like the cross guard or the catch on the SWB as a Deschler or Weidmann. although, being honest, the idea of it being either completely escaped my mind even though I have one.

it would be nice to see the pin in the "up" position so that we could see the back plate for the hinge behind it. there should be a notch in it if i remember correctly. and i can't dig mine out because it's out with someone.

i often really hate being as picky as i am with badges and the like. it's just that i have always kept my level of caution high enough to where i have a much higher chance of letting an authentic badge go than buying a fake. for me, that's the way things need to be in this world.

a Weidmann or Deschler?

let's hear from the others.

?

Hello Tempelhof
    I would say that the catch only has been replaced on this badge & that the solder covers the original mounting plate. These badges seem
    to come with a variety of differing hardware & I wonder whether the design was used only by Deschler/Weidmann, or whether there were
    other manufacturers using the same design as well. I bought the badge in the following link & from memory it was dug up in Bryansk, Russia.
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...silver-180423/

Regards
    Brett

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast