Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hi folks. Nice, thick and rather heavy for it's size, any opinions on it and possibly the maker since it is unmarked? Thanks.

?

Default Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber

Hi folks. Nice, thick and rather heavy for it's size, any opinions on it and possibly the maker since it is unmarked?
    Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber   Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

Original badge for sure, possibly a Deumer.

/Jonas

?

thanks for the feedback Jonas

I agree entirely with Jonas, a very nice Deumer.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Very Nice Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber.

?

Thanks for the info guys! And for learning purposes, what characteristics make this a Deumer when compared to other makers of this award?

You need to look at others for comparison. In this case being a solid tombak silver badge the numbers are limited so it's not so difficult. The rear set up is the clincher, looking at the type of hinge and catch used, and any tool marks on the bend of the pin, plus if there's any noticable/unique production signs on the rear of the badge, like the machined rings on a '30' Vienna Mint badge.

Looking at the obverse, you look at differences in the helmet, it's rivets, the 'dotted' field, the wreath, berries and ribbon bow. These you compare with other badges that have the same, or similar rear set up, and if you're lucky they will all match a single type of maker. Sometimes with black hollow badges there are so many different similar/near identical types it's often going to take a very long time, and even then you may not be completely sure! On top of that, there are also many that are made by makers unknown, and you've wasted your time.

That's why if it's not immediately obvious, or there is nothing that stands out as a bit different with black badges in particular, I don't even bother looking, as it makes little or no difference to the value, which is always the next question you get off the guy asking the 'what maker?' question.....

This has already taken me three times as long to type than it did to confirm the badge aboves I.D., so i'll be off now....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Ned. I looked at a lot of different online sellers prior to buying this one, so I'd say the value is clear to me since I picked a good one and paid for it. I did review many of the examples on this medal's thread, but since mine is not numbered, I was not exactly certain - so I asked. I'm fairly new to the Forum and really like it; will get the Peter Nash book soon so I can answer my own questions I guess.

Have a nice weekend.