Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - "65" K&Q

Article about: Hi again, I have my concerns about this wound badge that it is either a gold painted silver 65 or a repainted gold 65. It shines VERY much and it also came in a silver wound badge case. What

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - "65" K&Q

Hi again,

I have my concerns about this wound badge that it is either a gold painted silver 65 or a repainted gold 65. It shines VERY much and it also came in a silver wound badge case.

What do you think, any concerns about this badge and also the case?

/Jonas

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - "65" K&QVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - "65" K&QVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - "65" K&QVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - "65" K&QVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - "65" K&QVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - "65" K&Q

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - "65" K&Q
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - "65" K&Q

The finish to my eye certainly doesn't look right. Try and see if there are any knocks or scratches which have been overpainted.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

i think for this kind of question i'd need to see this badge in natural light. that would help anyway. don't want to really make the call off of these pictures.

Try the acetone test on it. If it's a re-paint the 'gold' will rub off/dissolve easily. If it's good it won't, and no harm done. Case IMO is a good one, late war as can be seen by the thin cardboard construction, it's known as the 'diverging slit' variation due to the tapered slot in the base, another sign it's a late war piece.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i think for this kind of question i'd need to see this badge in natural light. that would help anyway. don't want to really make the call off of these pictures.
    Hi,

Here are some new pictures.

Attachment 379787Attachment 379788

/Jonas

Quote by big ned View Post
    Try the acetone test on it. If it's a re-paint the 'gold' will rub off/dissolve easily. If it's good it won't, and no harm done. Case IMO is a good one, late war as can be seen by the thin cardboard construction, it's known as the 'diverging slit' variation due to the tapered slot in the base, another sign it's a late war piece.
    I tries the acetone test and the gold dissolve easily, so it is a fake.

Thanks

/Jonas

Quote by spunkmaja View Post
    I tries the acetone test and the gold dissolve easily, so it is a fake.

Thanks

/Jonas
    Not necessarily fake, just refinished.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

yes, a repaint.

as big ned points out, that box is late war. and good.

the mm being in the center of the back of the badge also can suggest a late war piece.

i believe in an early war piece, you'd see that "65" just above the catch.