Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold, Deschler

Article about: I just want to show you my new medal i orderd its still om the post so i have to wait a littel bit ,but i can resist to show you a few pics from seller more pics will be posted....

Happy hunting , that should be the easy one ;-)
    Mfg
    Marc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold, Deschler
    P
    Many

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Happy hunting , that should be the easy one ;-)
    Mfg
    Marc
    black one is also now in my collection
    hunting is closed .....next one !!!!
    whahaha

Damn can you imagine just how many times wounded to get one of those Verwundetenabzeichen Gold!!!! Nice pick up. Congrats

Quote by octavian View Post
    Damn can you imagine just how many times wounded to get one of those Verwundetenabzeichen Gold!!!! Nice pick up. Congrats
    Or how seriously wounded once !!!
    Mfg
    Marc

Quote by octavian View Post
    Quote by unimarc View Post
    Or how seriously wounded once !!!
    Mfg
    Marc
    Indeed. I believe the general criteria was 5 or more wounds, (e.g. loss of limbs including hands and/or feet, eyes/blindness) total disability, or after severely incapacitating wounds caused the individual to succumb to their wounds at a later date, and all after being involved in hostile action although frostbite was also included. Those strict regulations do not include instantaneous death, as if that were the case there would be hundreds of thousands more GWB's out there.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ahh! Thanks for the additional information Ned. I was reading a book a while back in where an SS man had been wounded like 8 or 9 times! In the USA, 3 Purple Hearts will end a career if i recall right.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Indeed. I believe the general criteria was 5 or more wounds, (e.g. loss of limbs including hands and/or feet, eyes/blindness) total disability, or after severely incapacitating wounds caused the individual to succumb to their wounds at a later date, and all after being involved in hostile action although frostbite was also included. Those strict regulations do not include instantaneous death, as if that were the case there would be hundreds of thousands more GWB's out there.

Regards, Ned.
    Don't forget loss of manhood. I've read it listed as a valid criteria. Ouch!

They can keep the gold badge, thanks....

Nice badge Andreas. Sounds like you have a little Deschler hoard going.

Hello Andreas,
    I have been looking at your badge for some time now and can’t decide whether I like it or not.
    The Deschler Gold badge seems to be a very hard badge to find and your example is particularly nice.
    There are a couple of things that concern me and it may be either a die fault or two or the fact that it appears hard to determine whether these badges are actually Wiedmann or Deschler.

I am not expert enough in these two types of badges to tell the difference except the when looking at the reverse hardware.

You will note that I have circled a couple of areas that I believe may be flawed. Followed by a couple of other example made up with the same hardware setup.

First flaw.
    The blade pointing to the left looks to be almost straight rather than having a nice pointy tip.

Second one.
    The inner berry seems to be non existant although this is evident on some of the variations with the Wiedmann hardware I haven’t seen any examples with the same hardware as yours except yours.

Third one.
    The ribbon looks flat with no bow in the loops.

It might just be me and I have my body armour on ready for any responses.

All the best
    Doug

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold, DeschlerVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold, DeschlerVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold, Deschler

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hello Andreas,
    I have been looking at your badge for some time now and can’t decide whether I like it or not.
    The Deschler Gold badge seems to be a very hard badge to find and your example is particularly nice.
    There are a couple of things that concern me and it may be either a die fault or two or the fact that it appears hard to determine whether these badges are actually Wiedmann or Deschler.

I am not expert enough in these two types of badges to tell the difference except the when looking at the reverse hardware.

You will note that I have circled a couple of areas that I believe may be flawed. Followed by a couple of other example made up with the same hardware setup.

First flaw.
    The blade pointing to the left looks to be almost straight rather than having a nice pointy tip.

Second one.
    The inner berry seems to be non existant although this is evident on some of the variations with the Wiedmann hardware I haven’t seen any examples with the same hardware as yours except yours.

Third one.
    The ribbon looks flat with no bow in the loops.

It might just be me and I have my body armour on ready for any responses.

All the best
    Doug

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold, DeschlerVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold, DeschlerVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold, Deschler
    Once again excellent observations Doug! I remember looking at the 'flat' ribbon myself when this was first posted and felt uneasy with it being original as I couldn't match it exactly to an original design. But I also couldn't find a known fake example like it to compare either!

The design flaws you've pointed out are I feel pertinent. Those and other anomalies like the disconnected sword pommel on the left hand hilt, and the odd horizontal striations on the laurel leaves most noticeable at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions of the wreath could be a sign of shrinkage caused when a casting cools, and that as we know is not right for a die formed badge. Your comments have solidified my thoughts on this, and for me there are too many things on this badge that don't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy, and I would therefore pass on it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

WOW....I did not expect this kind of news .....
    i will contact the seller and ask my money back , its a big dissapointment to me
    and hopefully the seller will take the medall back
    i assume he will ,it is a good dealer in Germany and mistake can be made !
    i'm glad you noticed the flaw.

Regards, andreas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast