Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - Possible Fake?

Article about: Hey all, This badge is available for sale locally, and I took some detailed pictures of the piece first: At first glance, it seems fine (other than it being very clean and shiny), so I did s

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - Possible Fake?

Hey all,

This badge is available for sale locally, and I took some detailed pictures of the piece first:

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - Possible Fake?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - Possible Fake?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - Possible Fake?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - Possible Fake?

At first glance, it seems fine (other than it being very clean and shiny), so I did some more digging into the "L/63" makers mark and ran across this on this forum from 2014:

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold, Marked L/63

I assume the badge I took photos of is just another one of the fakes that the 2014 poster showed?

I assume stay away (particularly since Big Ned passed sentence on it ), but I figured I'd post it here, and bring further awareness for new members of these (I assume) fakes out there.

Thanks as always!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold - Possible Fake?
    P
    Many

Looks to be missing the rivet at the back of the helmet. If it isn't there then I wouldn't buy it.
    EDIT- you're right, looks like the one in the referenced thread.

?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Looks to be missing the rivet at the back of the helmet. If it isn't there then I wouldn't buy it.
    EDIT- you're right, looks like the one in the referenced thread.
    The rivet is there on these badges. It is just not that pronounced. A stinker in any case.

Regards
    Brett