Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

Article about: Hello, cowpokes! I have a badge I'm looking to sell and wanted to make sure it's genuine. I'm 50-50 on it being real or fake. For some reason, it reminds me of a chaos fake. But, when I look

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

Hello, cowpokes!

I have a badge I'm looking to sell and wanted to make sure it's genuine. I'm 50-50 on it being real or fake. For some reason, it reminds me of a chaos fake. But, when I look at the dots myself, everything thing seems normal and I feel it's genuine.

However, even after really looking at the dots, something still feels wrong with it. Thanks in advance for any help!

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz
    P
    Many

Looks like a good unmarked badge to me.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Looks like a good unmarked badge to me.

Regards, B.B.
    Thanks for your input!

Hello.
    Original badge, nothing wrong here. Appears to be ground dug or stored badly!?
    Regards,
    Peter

Quote by Frikorps Danmark View Post
    Hello.
    Original badge, nothing wrong here. Appears to be ground dug or stored badly!?
    Regards,
    Peter
    Most likely poorly stored before coming into my hands IMO. Thanks for your input!

MAP
    ?

Definitely not ground dug IMHO. Looks unissued/unworn and in good condition overall. 99% paint on the front and some minimal age related rust on the reverse. At least that is how I view it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Definitely not ground dug IMHO. Looks unissued/unworn and in good condition overall. 99% paint on the front and some minimal age related rust on the reverse. At least that is how I view it.
    Hello MAP. Reverse is in a condition that indicates that it could ( not saying it is ) easily be ground dug, I've had plenty of expierence with ground dug badges & cleaning & restoring them.

MAP
    ?

Hello MAP. Reverse is in a condition that indicates that it could ( not saying it is ) easily be ground dug, I've had plenty of expierence with ground dug badges & cleaning & restoring them.
    Anything is possible and I've seen great condition ground dug items.

I would however expect more wear to the front as being ground dug, it would have been field worn and thus have some wear to the paint/high points.

Further, I would also expect to see some rust/corrosion to pin and the catch, but I see spots of bright metal.

Either way not important. It is in good condition and apparently confirmed to be original.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That corrosion around the hinge and catch is caused by a gradual reaction to the solder/flux used in construction. If you think this looks scary have a look at the following link. Hobacher badges are notorious for this trait.

verwundetenabzeichen schwarz , marked 32

Regards
    Brett