Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Franz Mänert

Article about: Hi, Just added this Franz Mänert set to the collection. Since the badge is unmarked and that I have never encountered a mm 73 badge before I cannot say if the badge if manufactured by Franz

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Franz Mänert

Hi,

Just added this Franz Mänert set to the collection.

Since the badge is unmarked and that I have never encountered a mm 73 badge before I cannot say if the badge if manufactured by Franz Mänert.

Maybe someone can tell?

Thanks
    /Jonas

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Franz MänertVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Franz Mänert
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Franz MänertVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Franz Mänert

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Franz Mänert
    P
    Many

excellent badge.

A nice addition to your collection Jonas!
    Sorry, can't help with the maker identification.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Franz Mänert is not a known maker of Verwundetenabzeichen's, but they did produce amongst other awards the October medal. There is evidence that genuine packets for these marked Mänert have been over printed on the front with the title of different awards and badges using a modern ink jet printer to fool unwary collectors into paying a little more for various pieces.

For example, here's a packet that's been called original, but has been reprinted with the title of an Infantrie-Sturmabzeichen in Bronze that it was partnered with a for sale by Detlev Niemann way back in 2004. The badge is actually a genuine unmarked Wiedmann example.

The BWB above appears to be a good one to me, but I don't know the maker (although the catch seems familiar). But as with the ISA, I believe the packet has been corrupted to make up a bogus combination that can sell for more than if they were separate. Because of this and the fact that Mänert is not known to have produced WB's, I would avoid having it in my collection.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned, I will do some more investigation on this set.

/Jonas

Hello From Gablonz, Czech Republic, Franz Mänert was my grand-grand-grandpa and he did not ISAS, i only know examples of winter badges. I hope that helped you a little bit. Best wishes. Vít