Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz for Opinions

Article about: I came across this badge and it looks good to me. I had to question it though due to the mint condition. One always has to think it may be new new. The one part on the badge that I am not su

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz for Opinions

I came across this badge and it looks good to me. I had to question it though due to the mint condition. One always has to think it may be new new. The one part on the badge that I am not sure of what to look for is on the top front of the badge. What is the correct number of dots in the leaves on a real badge. This badge has two, I read somewhere that the number should have be 3. Opinions needed. Badge is steel and maker marked 4.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz for Opinions   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz for Opinions  

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz for Opinions  
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-29-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz for Opinions
    P
    Many

Hello John,
    I have renamed your thread and moved it to the correct section of the forum.
    Please read this thread concerning posting in the Orders and Decorations section.
    The Use of German Terminology.

Your wound badge appears to be an original from the firm of Steinhauer & Lück, normally marked with a 4, or L/16.
    Different makers may have a different number of berries and some other slight differences in their badges.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I agree with Ralph about the authenticity, nice and clean Verwundetenabzeichen.
    Next time try to take straight on pictures of the obverse and reverse. That way the details are a whole lot better to see and it makes it easier to give you good and honoust opinions.

Regards, Rik

Ralph, thank you for your honest opinion on the badge. I will use the correct German terminology in the future.

John

Hi Rik, thanks for your assessment of my badge. I will be a more careful with my camera angles. Wondering how the collecting hobby was doing over in the Netherlands. I have not had a lot much interest in medals at the shows I attend. My feelings are that 50% fakes, a real minefield. Are you allowed any German firearms in Netherlands?

John