Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber

Article about: Think it may be silver

?

It does happen, I avoided a train wreck just yesterday.. A DAF buckle that was suspicious to me and Moderator Ben Evans confirmed my fear and saved me some $$ and embaressment.. But sometimes it does happen when being hasty.. Can you post some of your items ?? In the correct threads and one per thread.. I am sure you will find many nice people here...G

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber
    P
    Many

the hobby is slowly getting destroyed by people flooding the market with fakes, some total crap to items you couldnt tell apart from real items,the downfall of it is that its such a big money area and people will pay stupid amounts

yes no probs,il slap them up after my dinner lol

?

I agree, Some fakers are good.. But it is up to oneself to study, Ask questions and be attentive..
    Learn from others and take advice.. Even when it sounds bad or a let down... Trust me... Been there done that and I'll probably do it again... But not unless I do it to myself... Then "Shame on me" no fakers fault but my own.. There are many threads here that deal with known fakes, have a look see, in any catagory.G

yes its amazing how many fake items are out there, some in collections where the person shud know better,everything i collect i keep,i was looking into getting into assault badges but wayyyyy too many duds out there

Quote by Noodledoodle View Post
    i was looking into getting into assault badges but wayyyyy too many duds out there
    Only if you are not familiar with what you are looking at. If you study what you are interested in, you will have no problem identifing the difference.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes but unfortunately the fakes are as good as the originals, fakers now know how to copy exactly the originals and that's what make it hard, rgds

Quote by Noodledoodle View Post
    Yes but unfortunately the fakes are as good as the originals, fakers now know how to copy exactly the originals and that's what make it hard, rgds
    Wrong, dude. As Ralph rightly says, if you have mind and desire to learn through careful study, then the nuances and variations bear no major difficulties. What it boils down to is, can you be bothered to do it???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It doesn't help with all the various makers and there quirks and differing styles, but hey that's what the books are there for lol

?

I respect Ned's opinion greatly. He has certainly spent many more hours than most people studying the construction methods, characteristics and "original flaws" found on many items. Ned is among other dedicated members who possess similar knowledge and insight. This forum congregates members who assist in the identification of original items from garbage and in doing so protecting the purity of collections for members within. Welcome to the forum!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast