Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'

Article about: Big Ned..."I am a simple peasant"... I am starting... Peace and love... man!!! Dont be boring with me. And what do you think about the catch or hook, that is other think that i don

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'

Hi all,

After comparing these two badges with others I'm not so convinced that they are original.

So I really need your opinion.

'3'
    ----
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'

'L/11'
    ------
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'

Thanks
    /Jonas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - Deumer '3' and 'L/11'

Both from Deumer, what issues are you seeing Jonas? I'm not seeing anything that would make me concerned.........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Both from Deumer, what issues are you seeing Jonas? I'm not seeing anything that would make me concerned.........?
    Basically the reverse hardware setup and the positioning of the marks. What I could see on the badges I compared with the maker marks (3 & L/11) were in the middle of the badge, not in the bottom as on these.

/Jonas

i think they are quality pieces and orginial they look good to me

?

Both stamps look right to me and the positioning is not unusual for Deumer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by spunkmaja View Post
    Basically the reverse hardware setup and the positioning of the marks. What I could see on the badges I compared with the maker marks (3 & L/11) were in the middle of the badge, not in the bottom as on these.

/Jonas
    Hi Jonas,

They can be found in both these areas it's not a problem. The '3' has an interesting finish, is it buntmetal the same as the L/11? The L/11 I know is found in both buntmetal/tombak for the earlier ones, and zinc later on, but I haven't seen a '3' in buntmetal before, not that it makes any difference to the originality. I think they're both very nice conditioned examples.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Jonas,

They can be found in both these areas it's not a problem. The '3' has an interesting finish, is it buntmetal the same as the L/11? The L/11 I know is found in both buntmetal/tombak for the earlier ones, and zinc later on, but I haven't seen a '3' in buntmetal before, not that it makes any difference to the originality. I think they're both very nice conditioned examples.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned,

Thanks for the informative answer.
    Yes, both are made of buntmetal.

/Jonas

Thanks all for the comments

/Jonas

Sorry guys, but I dont agree that they are original. For me are fakes.
    I look peaks lines above the helmet, and they are the same in both.
    The badges seem to be made in the same mold casting.
    Other "red flag" are the back of both badges... They have many risks. I think that the originals are "smooth".

Regards.,

Von River

Quote by VonRiver View Post
    Sorry guys, but I do not agree that they are original. For me are fakes.
    I look peaks lines above the helmet, and they are the same in both.
    The badges seem to be made in the same mold casting.
    Other "red flag" are the back of both badges... They have many risks. I think that the originals are smooth.

Regards.,

Von River
    Interesting that you should think that, I personally disagree with everything you say bar one. When you say"The badges seem to be made in the same mold casting." is correct, Deumer are known to have used the same die for both the brass badges and the later zinc ones, it's documented. So one would expect both obverse sides to be identical. IMO both these badges are good and the other points you raise are, I feel, incorrect.

And let us remember that both of the above badges are of the same material, buntmetal or if you prefer, tombak, so would be of a reasonably early production period, not later in the war when zinc was the norm.

But hey, where would we be without a little robust discussion.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast