MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen Schmidhäussler

Article about: Hi, Need your help to judge if this is an Silver or Gold Eugen Schmidhäussler badge? It feels like a Silver variant but the "gold" pin makes me wonder Thanks /Jonas

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen Schmidhäussler

Hi,

Need your help to judge if this is an Silver or Gold Eugen Schmidhäussler badge?

It feels like a Silver variant but the "gold" pin makes me wonder

Thanks
    /Jonas

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen SchmidhäusslerVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen Schmidhäussler
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen SchmidhäusslerVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen SchmidhäusslerVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen Schmidhäussler

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen Schmidhäussler
    P
    Many

Hello Jonas,
    Going by the gold pin and hinge pin, I would say it is a gold variant with the finish missing. May have been cleaned which would give the medal this appearance.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's silver, as the remaining obverse finish shows. The pin and hinge pin are tombak, thus giving the gold appearance and are typical of Schmidthausser's production badges. Photograph it on a dark background, then the good amount of remaining finish will be obvious.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

An odd badge, for sure! The pin and hinge rod are obviously gold plated, but the rest of the badge exhibits absolutely no trace remains of the gold finish! It is one of the most total absorptions of the finish that I have yet to see on these awards! Interesting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    An odd badge, for sure! The pin and hinge rod are obviously gold plated, but the rest of the badge exhibits absolutely no trace remains of the gold finish! It is one of the most total absorptions of the finish that I have yet to see on these awards! Interesting!
    There's nothing odd about it at all. This is how they left the factory. The pin and hinge are just pure tombak, nothing else. There is little or no absorption, in fact the majority of the silver finish is left as I mentioned previously. The poor background choice is causing an illusion, if he photographs it on a black background I'm certain all will become obvious.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for the comments, I will go for this one and when it arrives I will take some better pictures.

/Jonas

Quote by spunkmaja View Post
    Thanks for the comments, I will go for this one and when it arrives I will take some better pictures.

/Jonas
    Sounds like a plan. I think you'll find it's in remarkably good condition with much of it's finish left, it's also a rare badge. Let's wait and see.

Regards, Ned.

That's silver, there aint a hint of gold!...

silver for me to,nice one.

Hi,

Just arrived, definitely a silver.

/Jonas

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen SchmidhäusslerVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen Schmidhäussler
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber or Gold - "28" Eugen Schmidhäussler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast