Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, Need help

Article about: Hi guys, I want to buy this Wound Badge and need your help. Is it original or Fake? Annoyed from this ads?   Thanks for help.

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, Need help

Hi guys,

I want to buy this Wound Badge and need your help.

Is it original or Fake?

Thanks for help.
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-05-2014 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, Need help
    P
    Many

Textbook Grossmann & Co.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned

?

You will have to remove the red paint as that will devalue it somewhat!!! lol... Only joking of course looks top dollar.. Cheers Terry.

?

Hello,
    It is a nice tombak badge.

Jody

Not often seen with that maker mark I believe.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Not often seen with that maker mark I believe.
    Hi Glenn,

The company of Grossmann & Co. Wein, was a totally owned subsiduary of Ferdinand Hoffstatter Bonn/Rhein (L/19). They only produced a tombak silver badge as far as I know, although i've heard of a gold version, but never seen one.(maybe a polished silver, all the plating removed?), hence the comparative rarity. As for Hoffstatter, they never made a wound badge as far as is known.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

its a nice one.

A nice example of an uncommon award Nico!
    One I wouldn't mind adding to my collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Glenn,

The company of Grossmann & Co. Wein, was a totally owned subsiduary of Ferdinand Hoffstatter Bonn/Rhein (L/19). They only produced a tombak silver badge as far as I know, although i've heard of a gold version, but never seen one.(maybe a polished silver, all the plating removed?), hence the comparative rarity. As for Hoffstatter, they never made a wound badge as far as is known.

Regards, Ned.

In answer to my own misguided thoughts, this gold badge has just sold minutes ago on Emeredato for 175 Euro's, so they do exist afterall.

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, Need helpVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, Need helpVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, Need help

Learning all the time, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast