MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber ok?

Article about: Hello again, after a while I got this Wound Badge from 3. reich era. So it has a high quality, is it a good one? No Makermark Annoyed from this ads?   Thanks

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber ok?

Hello again, after a while I got this Wound Badge from 3. reich era. So it has a high quality, is it a good one? No Makermark

ThanksVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber ok?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber ok?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber ok?
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-17-2014 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber ok?
    P
    Many

Weight should be 24.2 grams.

Chris

Looks like original tombak piece, but cleaned.

Quote by Niedersachsen View Post

Chris
    much heavier, but thanks für our input both of you

very nice badge.

?

Quote by Niedersachsen View Post

Chris
    Why?
    My marked silver tombac 30 weighs in at 33.2 grams. My unmarked gold tombac 30 weighs in
    at 34.5 grams. Just for reference my unmarked gold zincer comes in at 21.3 grams. You haven't
    mentioned a maker, yet somehow the badge should weigh 24.2 grams to be genuine. You are
    entering the realm of dangerous science if you rely on a set weight only to authenticate an item.
    In my opinion this badge is a nice unmarked 30.

Regards
    Brett

You're right. I found one weighing 24 grams on the web so I assumed this must be the same weight.

Chris

?

Research is the way to go mate. If you assume, you will rapidly end up
    with a collection full of crap .

Regards
    Brett

Brett is correct - below is another unmarked
    '30' for comparison :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber ok?   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber ok?  

Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Brett View Post
    Research is the way to go mate. If you assume, you will rapidly end up
    with a collection full of crap .

Regards
    Brett
    Yes, I agree. Weight is only an indicator when it is a long way from the accepted norm which in this case it is not (judging by the phrase "much heavier").

Also for me, I see this as a tombak 30 (Hauptmunzamt Wien) the weight for which will be around 33-34g. On this one I think I can see the concentric circles on the reverse that many collectors place much store by. I don't think this one has been "cleaned" in the context of all the years of patina having been removed. Rather it has been well kept in good condition as opposed to being left neglected in less than ideal circumstances.
    24g would be about right for a zinc 30. Of course individual weighing scale differential is a factor.

Here are pics of five 30's in my collection, two silver tombak, one silver zinc and two tombak gold. Some marked some not with both broad and needle pins. The tombak ones all weigh 33g and the silver zinc is 26g.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber ok?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber ok?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast