Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber "Unmarked"

Article about: What are yall's opinions on this badge? Thanks John

Thumbs up Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber "Unmarked"

What are yall's opinions on this badge?
    Thanks
    John

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber "Unmarked"Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber "Unmarked"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber "Unmarked"
    P
    Many

?

Quote by WWIIBUFF View Post
    What are yall's opinions on this badge?
    Thanks
    John

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber "Unmarked"Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber "Unmarked"
    What are your opinions and concerns ?? Did you try any research yourself ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hello, I didn't because there is some much out there I really dont know where to begin. After you mentioned it though I did take a look through some threads on Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber. I really can only look at the ones that are original and compare them but that is not always enough. I have a measure of doubt when I try to authenticate myself. Im never sure until I get other opinions.

I might have got lucky at least on this one, I found one real similar that is original and a Wachler & Lange. So this one more than likely is original and would this one be a Wachler & Lange?

Thanks
    John

It's not a Wachtler & Lange piece in my opinion. The hardware is like no set up I've seen on a wound badge of any kind. The crimped catch has the appearance of the type used by AS in Triangle or Adolf Scholze, but the integral hinge is a mystery as well. Combined with the very rough obverse appearance I would think it is probably a fake fantasy design, but if it is it's one I'm not familiar with either. I look forward to other opinions on this from the wound badge guys.

Edit: Just check closely around the catch for a small '100' maker mark, it might be very faint. I think I might be throwing myself off by concentrating too much on the tapered appearance of the actual hook.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Here is my Wachtler and Lange for comparison. Hardware looks ok for that maker.
    Verwundetenabzeichen in Silver! Thoughts?

I do believe I see the last "0" of the makers mark peeking out just behind the catch. Photos of the catch from the top would show the mark if it is indeed there. Bob