Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 20 Juli 1944 in Gold

Article about: hi if this is gen whats the going rate ?

?

How would such a high grade piece suffer ANY wear at all.
    I'm sure the awardee would take very great care of it, and try not to drag it through a bag of gravel.
    Same goes for being 70 years old, this badge is not made of the same material as your great aunts socks.

Gary J.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 20 Juli 1944 in Gold
    P
    Many

?

Not sure why it "looks" like it was dragged through gravel. I know this is a shock but not everyone cares about militaria the way we do.

Hi Mark, please read post 24 in this thread by Andreas. This badge is a poor fake and is truly indefensible. You can kid yourself but please don't try and kid the rest of us.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I'm still enjoying militaria.

Quote by Mortyr View Post
    I'm still enjoying militaria.
    Obviously you mean enjoying fake militaria.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Well that "Casts a ring" around things .................................................. ....... ???? !!!!

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I am going to qualify my original statement:

Obviously, you mean you enjoy pushing fake militaria and then defending the indefensible.

PS--look up the definition of insanity.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hello Mark, It would have been the find of the year if it Had been a genuine Juli 1944, but, unfortunately, it's not. If it had been good, you could have went out and bought a new Cadillac-Literally. The problem with very high ticket items is that they attract the attention and greed of the fakers,all hoping to cash in on the value, and Some of the fakers are very Good at what they do. Hopefully, you did not spend alot of money Yourself on this badge, as about all that you will be able to get back out of this experience is just that-the Experience. We Really wish that we could have had better news for you, as finding a previously unknown specimen of the July 1944 would have been a Major find for the hobby. But, no such luck. Maybe next time, hey? So, before you spend considerable money on a piece, post Good Close up photos of the item here-both sides,makers markings, hardware,etc-and we will help you be sure that you're not being defrauded of your money. Good luck collecting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by stonemint View Post
    And selling it too. When is this piece going on ebay described as an original award?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

i've been coming back to this thread day after day.

odd that it's gotten 4 pages so far.

as the gentlemen say, it's a fake.

it's not going to receive much in the way of contrary opinion here. it is what it is (or, more accurately, is not what it purports to be).

if one wants this badge vetted, this forum is never going to be the place to see that done.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast