Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen.

Article about: I have been going through my TR regalia, and showing what I have on here. I kind of gave up for a while becasue apparently I am very adept at buying fakes. So...here goes my kick at the can

Default Verwundetenabzeichen.

I have been going through my TR regalia, and showing what I have on here. I kind of gave up for a while becasue apparently I am very adept at buying fakes. So...here goes my kick at the can with my wound badges. How did I do..?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen.   Verwundetenabzeichen.  

Verwundetenabzeichen.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-08-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wound Badges

I've never seen a hollow backed gold before, so that one is iffy to me. Perhaps a black one without paint?

I agree: the "gold" is actually a black badge devoid of it's painted finish.

They are all original from what I can see.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I agree: the "gold" is actually a black badge devoid of it's painted finish.

They are all original from what I can see.

Cheers, Ade.
    The Gold one is actually a black wound badge,they were also use has Gold wound badge at the end of the war.The one that I have was given to me by a waffen ss vet who was in Russia

I am always wary of the theory of hollow backed "Gold" wound badges. It might have happened, but I am naturally cautious of this. I would never pay the price of a gold badge for one of these.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Is there any trace of black on it whatsoever? I would think there must be some, especially on the reverse in the recesses and in places hard to get to. This one looks remarkably clean........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I am always wary of the theory of hollow backed "Gold" wound badges. It might have happened, but I am naturally cautious of this. I would never pay the price of a gold badge for one of these.

Cheers, Ade.
    You are totaly correct on that,I would not pay the price for a correct gold badge for a black wound badge that looks gold but is really a black one.But the info I received from the vet Is probably true I did not pay for it he gave it to me with other item they were all store in a cabin in the garden.he sayed he had to make sure that the allies did not know he was in the SS because he would have had a hard time.

Cheers, Ade.
    There is no confirmation anywhere on this.

I have read that Assman maybe made hollow backed silver and Gold but I am not convinced either

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen.

Thanks guys...I'm glad something I have collected turned out to be what it's suppose to be.
    It's very interesting about the gold wound badge. It looks great to the unaided eye, but when I get in there and take pictures of the back close up, you can see paint stuck in the small joints and crevasses.
    This is not all bad new...I now have a purpose to going to the Toronto Military show now...find a proper Gold Wound Badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen.   Verwundetenabzeichen.  

Verwundetenabzeichen.   Verwundetenabzeichen.  

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen.

Now that I am really looking at it, around the insignia in the back, you can see what to me look like some scrubbing marks.

..and thank you administration for changing the thread name to the correct German.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast