Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen, 20th July 1944

Article about: came across this and I have doubts about it, any ideas if real or not. thanks in advance

Default Verwundetenabzeichen, 20th July 1944

came across this and I have doubts about it, any ideas if real or not. thanks in advanceVerwundetenabzeichen, 20th July 1944Verwundetenabzeichen, 20th July 1944
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-04-2014 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen, 20th July 1944
    P
    Many

?

100% FAKE, this is a reproduction of the 20th of July 1944 wound badge. The 20th of July wound badge is by far the most rare of these awards, as it was only issued to a handful of officers and aides that were injured on the famous (and failed) bomb attempt on Hitler's life at the Wolf's Lair in Rastenburg, East Prussia. Twenty-four individuals were present when the bomb detonated and they were all injured to some degree. One Officer was killed immediately and three others succumbed to their wounds a short time later.

The 20 July Badge was based on the common Wound Badge, but the helmet was slightly higher and larger, they also bore the date “20 Juli 1944” and a facsimile of Hitler’s signature below the helmet. Hitler presented all the survivors with the especial wound badge and a unique document in a ceremony on September 2nd, 1944.

If that was real it would cost you around $40000 !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hello,
    I agree, this is not even close to the real thing, and I have seen several real examples and got to handle them.

Regards,
    Jody

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hello,
    I agree, this is not even close to the real thing, and I have seen several real examples and got to handle them.

Regards,
    Jody
    Now that was a privilege Jody! As for this award above ,it is certainly not one of the ones Jody has handled as it is as fake as they come. Leon.