Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?

Article about: What do you guys say about this one? 40e. Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?

What do you guys say about this one? 40e.

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?
    P
    Many

Hi

Looks like a original worn Verwundetenabzeichen in my opinion. Can't really tell from these pictures if it is a black or a silver example. 40 euros would be a very reasonable price either way but bear in mind there are nicer examples out there at the moment.

Cameron

Thanks. Im not buying it for my collection just to move it along . Any more options?

CBH
    ?

Here is mine to compare.
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?   Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?  

The only thing that i dont really like is the helmet rim shape. Almost straight, almost every one i saw had the standard german helmet shape. Now is this some kind of rare variant or just a fake i dont know.

CBH
    ?

Maybe Ned can help , I know mine is a good one as it came from a small group of good items . There have been several posted on the forum .
    Cheers

?

This particular style can be found in all guises. that is Imperial, Imperial cut-out, Type 1 & type 1 cut out.
    They seem to be everywhere at the moment. The missing berries at the 11 o'clock position & the shape
    of the bow are just two things to look for. Here is a link to a site that sells reproduction awards. Look at
    items GER006 & GER016. The obverse is identical. These are just a few of the red flags that I can see
    with these particular badges. I pulled two of these out of the collection through uncertainty.

Reproduction German Medals/Badges

Regards
    Brett

imo yours is a good one,fakes have bad detail.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    imo yours is a good one,fakes have bad detail.
    Sorry Harry, I beg to differ. There are some exceptionally detailed fakes out there. The
    clincher for me was seeing one of these badges in Imperial guise sporting an L54 maker
    mark on the reverse. It was in no way an authentic Schauerte & Hohfeld Third Reich era
    replacement piece. Have a good look around the web & you will find this type in the
    variations I mentioned previously, many with less than convincing patina. My personal
    feeling is that they are not of the period.

Regards
    Brett

Hi Brett, I have compared the one shown at the start of this thread and the two off the site you linked. Here are the three badges side by side. They are not the same.

Compare the background stippling dot pattern. Each badge is different.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?   Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?  

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor good?  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast