Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.

Article about: it's the original finish. the pics do not do it justice. in hand it's blinding. i've never seen one in this condition. i've seen one close, but not like this.

?

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.

Thanks Adrian! - I understand all of that... The burning question I have is: "How do you tell the difference between a 39' silver issued WB and a Legion Condor issued silver WB?" I wound assume there is ZERO difference - so for someone actually being able to IDENTIFY that "1" issued Legion Condor WB in silver would be impossible?....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.
    P
    Many

?

The 1939 silver badge would be solid back and the Legion Condor would be hollow back for the ones that are from the two eras. The silver Legion Condor badge was issued only once so the chances of finding that one badge are nigh on impossible. I'm not sure to what extent they were manufactured in the TR era but as the demand for silver badges is singular I suggest that any silver Legion Condor hollow backed badge would be reproduction.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Despite the OP being a 'fly in, fly out' poster, was it determined by the forum that this 'first pattern' TR badge was original after all?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.So here is an example then - hollow back, wreath, "lug" helmet... Although, the "veins" don't look to great... Hard to say this is "missing link" though...

?

Hmm.

It looks like the colour is just the base metal, the finish being absorbed over time. I'm sure some of the wound badge collectors will be able to give their opinions when they see the thread.

?

This is a "zinc" based medal... So, if zinc was a "give away" then we would have an answer to our questions above... Maybe..... lol

?

If it's made of zinc it would indicate later manufacture, at least after 1942. I can't however give you any indication on the authenticity of your badge as these are outside of my collecting field.

?

How can it be made after 1942 when this badge was discontinued in 39'? All physical indications of this badge would state it was pre 39'...?hmmmm... Thoughts?

here is my silver with slightly different pin:

Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.Verwundetenabzeichen Condor Legion in Gold.

?

Temple - that's a beauty!....Almost looks "re-plated" its so shiny!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast