Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen(gold)

Article about: A private purchase piece, perhaps...jeweler's piece? The needle almost looks square...

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen(gold)

A private purchase piece, perhaps...jeweler's piece? The needle almost looks square...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen(gold)
    P
    Many

Hi

That is what I was considering bigmacglenn1966 as well. If know one can identify the maker of this wound badge it could well be jewellers piece.

Thanks

Cameron

?

Not sure it might be a jeweller made piece. The firms who had the contracts to make these made them in relatively large numbers and any sold from retail outlets would come under the LDO regulations which in theory should mean the piece is marked, although not always the case.

My point being is that these were readily available to buy over the counter and the chances of such a piece being made by a jeweller are very remote. In fact the jeweller would probably be breaking the law if he copied an award without a licence to make it. You would also expect a jeweller made piece to be of extremely high quality in construction and materials, otherwise what's the point of getting it made?

My vote would be for a fake or a variant but I'll leave that to the Verwundetenabzeichen collectors to discuss!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Or it could be a home made replacement

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Unfortunately, I would also have to pass on this one. It's hardware resembles nothing that I've seen or know or have been able to find as well. As much as I hate to say it, I think this is a modern copy. It just doesn't have the 70 years of aging to it that I can see. And, personally, I've never heard or seen a jewelers copy of a wound badge either.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi

It well could be Nick but in my opinion it is too well detailed to be a home made replacement.
    Unless the person that made it was a jeweller?

Thanks

Cameron

i've seen and have a lot of wound badges.

i was looking at this one earlier and deferred comment. i am not comfortable with the reverse finish, hadware etc.

i don't want to be construed as this meaning that i am sure it is fake. it does not match any fake i am familiar with, nor does it match any GWB i have seen before. so i deferred comment except to say here that i'd likely also defer purchase.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i've seen and have a lot of wound badges.

i was looking at this one earlier and deferred comment. i am not comfortable with the reverse finish, hadware etc.

i don't want to be construed as this meaning that i am sure it is fake. it does not match any fake i am familiar with, nor does it match any GWB i have seen before. so i deferred comment except to say here that i'd likely also defer purchase.
    Temp would prefer to defer....

Look, as stated by Tempelhof, the front does look convincing and does not immediately raise any red flags, but the rear is a different matter. Apart from the hardware, what's with the scratches that look like someone dragged a piece of sandpaper over the badge? Clearer and more angled photos are needed.(of hinge and catch)

Tom

I agree, the badge looks fine. I would buy it at that price !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello one and all, i have only just logged back in so sorry for any delay in my response. I have uploaded a couple more images of the reverse for you all to deliberate over!I see what you guys mean about the hardware,it is a little unusual,the pin is indeed square!!The peice itself is a solid heavy lump with good detail, i was wondering if the hardware may have been added at a later date to an unfinished badge?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen(gold)   Verwundetenabzeichen(gold)  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast