Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen(gold)

Article about: A private purchase piece, perhaps...jeweler's piece? The needle almost looks square...

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen(gold)

The dots under the helmet would make me think this is not a good one and plus the pin hardware.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Can anyone post a good obverse image of a Floch or two and compare the dot patterns?
    Hi

Here is an example of a Floch gold wound badge.

Thanks

Cameron
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Can anyone post a good obverse image of a Floch or two and compare the dot patterns?
    Here's a good pic of a Floch fake. TBH, the badge in question isn't even as good as this IMO!!! The hunt continues....

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

i have to agree strongly with StuGIII.

this isn't good. looks almost like a choas dot pattern fake except for the hardware set up.

the Chaos Dot Pattern fake:

Name:  SN850163.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  67.8 KB

Its not a chaos fake imo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Maybe not. I'd like to hear more about what you like about it, Woolgar. You have the outlying opinion so it would be interesting to hear a little more. Have you seen similar badges?

As I said, it looks "almost" like one. But I'm not sure about that. But I did want to get the image up as to my eye, the pattern of dots on the obverse of this one is a little strange.

Hi fella,s, well i have to say that i never thought this cheap pick up would cause so much fun!From my point of view i agree with the observations about the "dots" and also the very unique to say the least hardware.All that said it is exceptionally well made and i have never seen anything like it.If we find over the next few years several GWB's turn up in this configuration i think we will have our answer!! Thanks for all you input chaps, much appreciated.

Hello all,

The flat taper on the pin near the hinge almost reminds me of post-war Souval.

The catch is very well constructed, which is a mark towards not being a reproduction.

William Kramer
    Us and them - and after all were only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows its not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

Here are a couple more angles,what do you chaps think to the idea that this may be a jewelers proof piece? Just a thought.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k 002.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	375251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k 001.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	375252  

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Maybe not. I'd like to hear more about what you like about it, Woolgar. You have the outlying opinion so it would be interesting to hear a little more. Have you seen similar badges?

As I said, it looks "almost" like one. But I'm not sure about that. But I did want to get the image up as to my eye, the pattern of dots on the obverse of this one is a little strange.
    I have not seen anything like it Templehof. I find its mystique fascinating. I have trawled through hundreds of images and have come up with nothing. I would buy that for 40 because whether real or fake, its unique !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast