Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold

Article about: I agree that this is often the case, Kar98. The seller actually thought this was British until I corrected her. I informed the seller it may have belonged to her father, but she was OK with

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold

Hi All,
    I am being offered what appears to be a wound badge in gold. Unfortunately, the photo below is the only one I have right now. I'm going to check it out today, but would like some feedback from the experts beforehand. I spoke with the person selling it and the back is hollow.

They are a trusted person so I'm sure if I purchase, they will refund me the money so I may take a chance if the feedback on here is inconclusive based on photos.

In addition, if any one can shed some light on what the TR pin in the photo was issued for (party pin of sorst I assume), I would appreciate that as well.

Finally, I know this isn't the place for it, but rather than posting another thread, feedback on the Heer belt buckle would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold  
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-06-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Wound Badge in Gold

Hard to tell from the pic but just make sure it's not a black wound badge with the finish worn off!
    The other item looks like an RAD cap badge and the belt buckle looks ok but get it checked out in the buckles forum to be sure.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yeah I agree with Adrian, a black wound badge and a RAD cap badge.

?

I had a feeling it might be a black wound badge which is exactly why I asked! Thanks for the input!

I'm pretty sure everything is good as I just posted an M35 police helmet that everyone has confirmed as ok. These are all vet bring back being offered by a friend of a friend ( father in law was the vet) and it doesn't appear he collected after the war.

I'll have a better idea once I seem them in person today. Thanks for all of your help!

The buckle looks ok from the front, will definately need to see reverse.

Heres mine for comparison when you get it in hand

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold  Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello there,

A reverse shot would have told you that it is a black badge right off the bat. They did not produce a hollow gold wound badge.

William Kramer

?

Thanks, all! Turns out it was indeed a black wound badge. I thought however I read somewhere that they produced hollowed backed Gold wound badges later in the war to save on material. Could be mistaken! I had my suspicions all along but thought I might get lucky! In any case, below are the items.

The RAD cap badge is missing the pin, but is in nice shape otherwise.

@ Nick - I picked up the the buckle and it's in decent shape. I'll post photos on the buckle board.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold  

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold

I hope you are not paying too much for these items.

The buckle is worn, but nice.

The Wound Badge and R.A.D. cap badge have seen better days. I wouldn't pay any more than
    $20 for the Wound Badge, and maybe $10 or so for the R.A.D. Lots of better examples out there.

The US Marksmanship Badge - $10 - but only if it is Sterling marked.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I hope you are not paying too much for these items.

The buckle is worn, but nice.

The Wound Badge and R.A.D. cap badge have seen better days. I wouldn't pay any more than
    $20 for the Wound Badge, and maybe $10 or so for the R.A.D. Lots of better examples out there.

The US Marksmanship Badge - $10 - but only if it is Sterling marked.
    Steve, I see you found my thread with the M35 Police and that is the correct price I paid ($200) for these items and the helmet!

While I'd prefer to collect quality items, and occasionally do, I couldn't pass up on these for the price. Plus the provenance behind the items makes it all that much more interesting to me!

The person I purchased the items from also has her father’s medals and photos of the medals being issued to him in the field. After discussing it with her, she may part ways with them as they have been sitting for years. As a matter of fact, when I was at her house she couldn't even recall where they were.

I told her if she would prefer to keep them (which I suggested), I would be more than happy to put a display together for her so she could hang them in her house.

Either way would be a win win for me!

She also has an original PPK chambered in 7.65 in beautiful condition. 95% bluing; looks almost unused. Unfortunately that piece was not for sale, not that I could afford it!

Apparently there was also a Luger that was brought back, but that went missing

All in all, a very pleasant experience for me and I didn't break the bank!

Kar98k
    ?

Everyone has addressed the buckle, cap pin, and black wound badge. However, I wish to add that the item in the lower left of the photo is a U.S. Army "Expert" rifle qualification badge. It is interesting how often U.S. Army rifle qualification badges turn up mixed with German WW-2 stuff. Cheers to all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast