Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in gold

Article about: Finally got my gold Verwundetenabzeichen to complete the set of the 3 different awards. Makers mark 30 for Hauptmunzamt in Vienna (wien) Austria. Confirmation of the information I've provide

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in gold

Finally got my gold Verwundetenabzeichen to complete the set of the 3 different awards.

Makers mark 30 for Hauptmunzamt in Vienna (wien) Austria. Confirmation of the information I've provided would be appreciated along with any other comments. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in gold
    P
    Many

Looking at the back of this medal there are a few things I do not like. First the hinge is wrong for a MM30, second the coloring looks nothing like the ones I have seen. This maker did some really high quality finish wound badges. The next issue is what looks like casting marks. I would most likely pass on this one.

Cheers;

John

Pic worth a thousand words.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in gold  

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Looking at the back of this medal there are a few things I do not like. First the hinge is wrong for a MM30, second the coloring looks nothing like the ones I have seen. This maker did some really high quality finish wound badges. The next issue is what looks like casting marks. I would most likely pass on this one.

Cheers;

John

Pic worth a thousand words.
    You can't compare the hinge on a wide pin, with the hinge on a round pin variant.
    That being said, I don't like the catch on the one originally posted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Well I certainly hope I don't have to fly to Minnesota and deliver an 80mph gold fastball at a certain dealer.

Yours I'm afraid is a well known fake, The rear set up on a wide pin 30 should look like this ( the only difference between the wide pin variants is some pins are straight ,some taper toward the catch. This is what it should look like ,Regards Paul

Last edited by paulscoot; 11-01-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks for the comments guys. Not what I wanted to hear but will certainly get my money back one way or another.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Well I certainly hope I don't have to fly to Minnesota and deliver an 80mph gold fastball at a certain dealer.
    You may have to.
    I have not seen any tombak wound badges from this maker, with this catch.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This old thread featuring our old comrade Big Ned explains it all , Regards Paul
    Verwundetenabzeichen Gold mm30

Yes Ralph you are correct. There is a wide pin and also a unmarked badge from this maker 30. I believe a wide pin would command a premium. A believe a tell on these badges if original is the light circles on the back of badge.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in gold  

Am I not correct ? I give up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast