Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for help

Article about: Hi, I would like to know your opinion about the wound badge in gold marked 107. It should be late war zinc example. I did not find information if this maker even made this badge in gold. It

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for help

I think better photos are required before we make a call, I wouldnt write it off yet as a Gold

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for help
    P
    Many

?

Note the underside of the pin is a bit rusty/dirty whereas the topside of the pin is nice and shiny and gold........

Look also at the last image of the badge on it's back at an angle, pin up. See in the catch where the pin has lain, there is an area not sprayed gold like the rest of it. Also, look at the 'S' shape at the top of the pin, again, an area can be seen which has avoided gold paint.
    Last edited by Adrian; 10-06-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Typo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

difficult to call but i think i can see what adrian is pointing out, it seems there are spots where the badge has missed a layer of paint. i would agree at some point it has been painted. the pictures could be abit better of straight on front and back shots. original carl wild tho....i love these particular badges
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for help   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for help  

Thats a beauty Chuck

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

yep sure is, i was lucky enough to find a couple of them in minty condition. i am still interested to hear the final verdict on the wound badge that mike1 has posted in this thread.

The bottom plate of the catch is round and set into the rectangular shaped well. The others posted here have rectangular base plates for their catches. Was this an old repair that was re-finished when the catch was replaced? Or is it a put together of a damaged silver that someone replaced a missing catch hook and "upgraded" it to a gold? Either way, not a badge I would want.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The bottom plate of the catch is round and set into the rectangular shaped well. The others posted here have rectangular base plates for their catches. Was this an old repair that was re-finished when the catch was replaced? Or is it a put together of a damaged silver that someone replaced a missing catch hook and "upgraded" it to a gold? Either way, not a badge I would want.
    Hi,
    thank you for all opinions. I was trying to get better pictures and here they are. Still not perfect, really hard for me to take better ones. I have taken also pictures of cellophane bag and award document from May 1945 which came with badge as set. Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for helpVerwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for helpVerwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for helpVerwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for helpVerwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for helpVerwundetenabzeichen in Gold - ask for help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2