Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold Cased

Article about: Hi All, I'm Looking at purchasing this cased GWB. Unfortunately I could not save pictures from the seller's site, so I will have to link it. The badge itself seems ok, but shouldn't the case

Are we sure this is an unmarked Hauptmunzamt Wien '30' badge? I don't think I've ever seen one with such a short rear set up before. From what I've seen on mine and others the pin is longer and the hinge and catch closer to the edge of the reverse top and bottom. Obverse design looks a good match though. If it is then the case has been married to it at a later date, it should be the black case/white insert with the button catch and small blue makers sticker on the reverse (if not lost/removed) as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold CasedVerwundetenabzeichen in Gold Cased

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold Cased
    P
    Many

Brett is right, Sarge. Silver is red case with red interior and no button and Gold is black case with white interior and a push button. Black came usually in an envelope.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I appreciate all the input guys. I'll hold off on this, and try to find one with the original case.

Quote by Fallschirmjager1941 View Post
    I appreciate all the input guys. I'll hold off on this, and try to find one with the original case.
    Good idea. The badge is a bit irregular IF it is an unmarked '30' with that short rear set up, and the LDO case is a generic piece for a variety of awards and any maker so the ensemble as a whole isn't that attractive. Gold '30' wound badges are the commonest of any you'll find, they outnumber all the other makers by 10 to 1 and are often found in mint condition so it's easy to pick one up.

Don't be afraid of avoiding nicely conditioned examples that are minus the correct maker marked case as these can be picked up for $100/euro's and crop up fairly regularly on WAF for instance. I've gone this route myself with the unmarked example I showed earlier in this thread, costing me a little less than buying the complete ensemble.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thumbs up

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Brett is right, Sarge. Silver is red case with red interior and no button and Gold is black case with white interior and a push button. Black came usually in an envelope.
    Well that being the case then the other box that is closed in the photo is correkt as it has a silver in it.
    Now all I have to do is find a black case.
    Sarge

Hi,
    the red case is a home for a silver VWA.
    Regards

Hi Ned,
    your shown golden Wounded batch is not an unmarked 30. In german is called "unknown maker in Wiener Design".
    Regards
    axel
    Sorry for my bad english

Quote by axel691 View Post
    Hi Ned,
    your shown golden Wounded batch is not an unmarked 30. In german is called "unknown maker in Wiener Design".
    Regards
    axel
    Sorry for my bad english
    That's new information I've not heard before, they even went to the bother of putting it into the correct case with the blue label. Is the maker of the first badge shown by the OP known??

Regards, Ned.

Hi Ned,
    the case is correct, for an golden one.
    The maker of the first shown VWA is also unknown, like yours.
    Only the design of that type VWA is known. Tools where made by the HMA Wien and send to many little makers of VWA.
    Original VWA`s by the HMA Wien have a"Fingerprint" on the backside.
    Hope you understand

Indeed - the circular impressions on the reverse are
    Hauptmunzamt Wien manufactured badges.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast