Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in gold marked 30

Article about: Good morning! I hope everyone is doing well today. Considering picking up a GWB finally. I think this is a nice little buntmetal/tombak example with case. I'm not sure about the case as I do

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in gold marked 30

UPDATE:

The badge made it in today! Aside from a little smell of cologne or like it's been in a drawer with deoderant (yeah, I thought that was odd), I don't see any surprises.

Here are some of my own photos:

ORIGINAL POST:

Good morning! I hope everyone is doing well today.

Considering picking up a GWB finally. I think this is a nice little buntmetal/tombak example with case. I'm not sure about the case as I don't see them frequently. But, the badge looks okay to my novice eyes. I'd love your opinions, the ask is $360, which I think is still a little on the higher end of things with the slightly bent pin, and I believe this is a common maker.

Thanks folks!

Last edited by avenger; 05-04-2015 at 11:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in gold marked 30
    P
    Many

Hi Scott,

Everything's textbook here and the price although a little on the high side is what's being asked these days. You could always wait for another that's not got a bent pin,(at least it seems it was worn, many more were posthumously awarded) but the case does appear very nice here with no staining or nasty knocks with the label in good condition. I assume the lid is not scuffed either? It's really up to you mate.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned! Thanks for this info my friend. Looks like I'm not too far off on my appraisal after all.

The lid looks very nice too. Here's a photo I got by email a short time ago.

I'm not keen on the bent pin, but there are worse issues to have with these things. My GAB has a similar condition to it, but I don't think about it when admiring the front. I would be okay with it so long as the price paid reflects it appropriately. The only spot on the case showing wear looks to be just a little spot of very minor cover detachment on the back. It really is a nice looking case if it's appropriate to it.

Hi Scott,

The case is nice. Grubby/worn ones are going for $110-$120 and the badge is a £200-$220 piece so you need to weigh up if you want to wait possibly several weeks or even months for another set in similar condition to turn up for a saving of $20-$30, that's the deal here. If you do wait long enough a better set will come along sooner or later, but that may be dearer or possibly cheaper, it's just how it goes!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sage advice. Thanks Ned!

its a very nice set a hard choice let it go and hope a cheaper set will come along,try a bit of haggling.

'30' marked gold badges I see up here are usually around
    $300+ without a case - some in much worse condition,
    though this is dealer pricing.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The seller and I agreed at $350 all in on this one. Considering I was going to have to pay fees and shipping from Norway, I think it's accurate to say I got the item itself somewhere around $330. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I doubt I'll be too concerned with the pin.

MAP
    ?

I like the bent pin. Agree with Ned. Shows it was issued and worn (i.e. more history) versus one that was "liberated" from extra stock or awarded posthumously.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

$350 is about right on the line for this nice set. Haupmunzamt of Vienna Austria made what is generally accepted as the Cadillac of the Wound badges. The Black Pushbutton case is correct for the Gold award and is in not all that bad of condition for being shuffled about for 7 decades of handling. As you said, this is a nice issued and worn badge in fine condition with a correct case. Not a bad find! Now...on to a matching "30" Silver award in the maroon case with No pushbutton! You've already got the toughie out of the way now!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast