Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold, marked 30 info please

Article about: What is a normal/fair price for a "30" GWB?

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold, marked 30 info please

Hi all, I've been offered a golden wound badge marked 30 with box, no picture to show sorry! It looks fine to me but so far I cannot find any information about the 30 and potential cost of it.. the dealer is asking 400€
    Can u please haelp me out and share as many information as u can?!

Thanks all
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-14-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold, marked 30 info please
    P
    Many

Default Re: gold wound badge marked 30 info please

Without pictures it is actually hard so say a price. But 400€ is IMO too much for a boxed marked '30' Hauptmunzamt badge.

No more than 350€ I would say, if it is a very good specimen.

/Jonas

?

Hello Tagete
    Maker 30 is Hauptmunzamt Wien, Vienna Mint. Some collectors consider these the "Rolls Royce" of wound badges. 400 Euro is around about $500AUD. A quick look at
    some Australian dealers sites shows these on offer with case at about $750AUD, which I think is excessive. Australian dealers charge ridiculous prices & other members
    can probably give a better indication of whether the price offered to you is good or not. Bear in mind that these are faked so photos would be helpful in determining whether
    the badge is authentic.

Regards
    Brett

Hi Massimo,

After the interesting thread the other day started by Mark H regarding this very same type of badge, I decided to look into getting one myself. I managed to pick a nice cased GWB (30) for just under 270 Euro's($337) including PP fees and tracked postage. I was prepared to pay up to $350 all in, so I'm pleased with the deal.

I hope that helps a bit.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks a lot,
    badge looks fine to me and box too, almost in mint condition just a little patina
    I'll ask if I can take pictures and post threm

I would be careful dealing with a dealer who asks 400 Euros for a cased GWB !!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

i'd pay 400 Euro for an absolutely pristine and cased Hauptmunzamt GWB.

i don't think that's unreasonable.

but again, this would have to be a pristine example and having a few of these, they are HARD to find in the condition i'm talking about. i know of only one GWB being offered by a dealer right now that i would pay this for and that's after seeing none for a few years. i am currently contemplating taking it.

but i (we) would absolutely need pictures here. there is nothing that can be said otherwise that is of any real value.

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold, marked 30 info please

Hello there,

For the price you can get a different badge. "30" is a common maker for GWB's and there are quite a few for sale around the net.

William Kramer

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i'd pay 400 Euro for an absolutely pristine and cased Hauptmunzamt GWB.

i don't think that's unreasonable.

but again, this would have to be a pristine example and having a few of these, they are HARD to find in the condition i'm talking about. i know of only one GWB being offered by a dealer right now that i would pay this for and that's after seeing none for a few years. i am currently contemplating taking it.

but i (we) would absolutely need pictures here. there is nothing that can be said otherwise that is of any real value.
    Would you pay that much ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold, marked 30 info please

These maker marked "30" examples are the most common variants can be found in gold grade. I would not pay as much for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast