Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit etui.

Article about: This is my Gold War Wound badge in its original box. Its in lovely condition and one of the nicest I have seen. Does anyone know who the maker is and how do you tell ? D.

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit etui.

This is my Gold War Wound badge in its original box. Its in lovely condition and one of the nicest I have seen. Does anyone know who the maker is and how do you tell ?
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit etui.   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit etui.  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit etui.   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit etui.  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit etui.   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit etui.  

Last edited by Adrian; 03-12-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit etui.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gold War Wound badge in its box

Wow, a big difference between the box and the medal IMO =P

Looks like an unmarked “30” Hauptmünzamt, Wien too me based upon the hinge and catch.

Very nice

/Jonas

It is a nice 30

That red case is more commonly found with the silver grade

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Regarding Nick’s comment that the red case is more commonly found with the silver grade made me doubt that the medal and case actually belong together. If you look closer to the inner lid you can see the worn part in the middle of it, which I also would have expected on the swastika. But there are no traces of any worn on the medal itself.

The reason of my doubt is that I have a red cased gold ‘65’ which have the same worn part on the inner lid, but also on the swastika. The reason is that the case is too tight that the swastika touches the inner lid.

But, I could be wrong in my assumptions.

/Jonas

Hi Guy's,
    Its certainly possible that the two don't belong together. But I picked them up like that and have kept them together. I also have a EK1 ww2 in a EK1 ww1 box. I bought them straight out of the house where they were left at the end of the German Occupation. I remember because it only cost me £7. I will be posting it and some other items from the lot in the near future.
    As long as the 2 items are original, that the most important thing for me. A little quirky they have got mixed up but these things happen for sure.
    All the best,
    D.

There's no doubt on their originality

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I'd say a '30' also based on the hinge type.

Agreed: a "30".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

It is VERY NICE friend.
    What a beauty.