Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?

Article about: Hi all, the vendor has finally gotten back to me with his price, see below, Ive been letting some of my TR items go to make way for my main focus, which is ................... I've researche

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?

both the box and the badge are original. to judge whether the badge being in the incorrect box is an issue, we'd need to know the price of the set together. as previously noted, these boxes have value as does the badge.

i would take them as a set myself if the price were right... matched set or not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?
    P
    Many

The last black box with a button that I saw sometime last winter was specifically listed as being for a gold wound badge by Hauptmünzamt of Vienna and the price was $150...and it sold fast. So, yes-the correct case will effect the paired price considerably.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

that's exactly right. i buy these boxes often. i like having the empty ones around for deserving GWBs that pop up later that don't have their own box.

you'll pay $150 all day long for these in good condition.

you can break them apart yourself, sell the box, and you've lowered your entry cost to the GWB. you could also take proceeds from the SWB box and use them to defray the cost of a nice Hauptmunzamt Wien push-button model. if the price for both is right, it can make sense to ignore the issue of the mismatched box.
    two things matter here: first, are they authentic? and second, is the price appropriate for the mismatch? is the breakup value equal to the sum of parts value placed on the set by the dealer?
    we know the answer to the first question but i have no way of answering the second without the price.

we need the price for the pair. for all i know, mismatched box or not, this could be a great deal. or a bad deal.

?

Thanks for the discussion, I will get back here with the best I can do from the vendor for the mixed pair, if his SWB is good, see about getting it to go with the box,
    Many thanks all, back soon
    Mark

i kind of like this deal you're working on.

so many ways to skin this cat.

do let us know how you come out in the end.

Hi Mark. Please post the '30' SWB as well if you can.
    It will be interesting to see as well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hi all,
    Finally the vendor has replied with more photos, any views you have would be appreciated concerning the price you would pay for both the GWB and SWB including the SWB Box from a private seller,
    Many thanks
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?  

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?   Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?  

Attached Images Attached Images Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not? 

i would like to know what the guy wants.

the thing is, i can tell you what i'd pay for this. no problem. but you're going to get a lot of variance as far as a few 10s of dollars here and a few 10s of dollars there and it's going to perhaps sour you on what looks to be a real nice couple of badges here.

let us know what the guy wants. then i'll tell you if, imo, you've got a good thing going here.

It's not an easy thing to figure out an offer, but I can tell you that Hauptmunzamt is known for making the finest wound badges and their Gold badges without a case sell anywhere from for in the $250-350 area, depending on the condition, etc. A Silver of theirs in similar state can go all over the charts from $100-200. Throw in a Silver badges Case? Another $75? So.....
    Keep in mind, though, that the cases Are out there and can be found on occasion. Many Vets were buried in uniform with their GWB so the families would have their badge cases at home. Sometimes they kept them as mementos -sometimes they tossed them. There were, of course, more than one maker of the GWB, though, so you'll have a merry time making sure the case that you Do find(black with push button) is For a Hauptmunzamt made badge. Quite often too, these GWB's were issued posthumously,so you will find them pristine in their cases never worn. Yours, on the other hand , looks to have been actually Issued and Worn, which is nice, in my opinion. Good luck on your decision!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Here is probably an example of the type Wagriff is talking about: an Hauptmunzamt VWA in original case, issued posthumously and never worn. probably sat in a drawer unopened for many years.

I paid $400 for the set and considered myself VERY lucky.

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold mit Etui. Real or not?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast