Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedaille

Article about: I agree with Fischer...I don't care for the shiny bright catch either on the Infantry. The others look fine. William

Default Verwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedaille

i wold like to acquisition these tree items and tis time i would like them to be OK , so i require some experts opinions . ( these fotows are the only ones i have hope they will do .

Verwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedailleVerwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedailleVerwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedailleVerwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedailleVerwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedailleVerwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedailleVerwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedailleVerwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedaille
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-13-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedaille
    P
    Many

Default Re: wound and infantry badge , ostmedaille

Hi the Wound badge and the Ostmedal look fine !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

tanks for the fast reply , the guy that sells them asks for the 300 $ for the lot ,the infantry badge being 170. is that a fair price ? seems a little steep .

I'd pass on it at that price. If you must have the lot, you should try to talk him down.

?

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen, ostmedaille

What's the maker mark on the Ostmedaille?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I would say $200 would be fair, $250 tops.

The maker ESP on your Wound Badge is maker Eugen Schmidthaussier Pforzheim

They only made the black grade

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by tudorjuc View Post
    tanks for the fast reply , the guy that sells them asks for the 300 $ for the lot ,the infantry badge being 170. is that a fair price ? seems a little steep .
    My opinion of this JFS is the following;

One of the most common of the Infanterie Sturm-abzeichen's is the Bronze JFS solid. JFS made the bronze grade, chrome silver and the frosted silver grades in a solid variation.
    Minty bronze examples can be found pretty easily. That being said, the silver grade examples are tougher to find with the frosted finish variant (which is the one you posted) the toughest to find in nice shape as the finish is delicate and did not hold up well.

The only issue I am unsure about is the catch area. The catch and plate seem to be a different color or shade from the rest of the reverse of the badge. This could be the pics or maybe something else. I would ask for pictures of the other side (open side) of the catch with the pin open to verify no repairs have been made.

The obverse of the badge is a striking example and looks to be in very good shape. If the catch is fine, my opinion $170.00 US is a fair price.

Best Regards, fischer

UPDATE: The more I look at the catch, the more I do not like it. If the seller does not send better pics of the catch area, I would pass.
    Last edited by fischer; 11-13-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Quote by fischer View Post
    My opinion of this JFS is the following;

One of the most common of the Infanterie Sturm-abzeichen's is the Bronze JFS solid. JFS made the bronze grade, chrome silver and the frosted silver grades in a solid variation.
    Minty bronze examples can be found pretty easily. That being said, the silver grade examples are tougher to find with the frosted finish variant (which is the one you posted) the toughest to find in nice shape as the finish is delicate and did not hold up well.

The only issue I am unsure about is the catch area. The catch and plate seem to be a different color or shade from the rest of the reverse of the badge. This could be the pics or maybe something else. I would ask for pictures of the other side (open side) of the catch with the pin open to verify no repairs have been made.

The obverse of the badge is a striking example and looks to be in very good shape. If the catch is fine, my opinion $170.00 US is a fair price.

Best Regards, fischer

UPDATE: The more I look at the catch, the more I do not like it. If the seller does not send better pics of the catch area, I would pass.
    My mate Fischer sums it up perfectly.
    @ Fischer. Does the catch look almost stuck on, rather than more integral as they normally do?
    The Ost is ok too by the way. Stewy

OK i will ask the seller for some detailed pictures of the catch area .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast