Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Verwundetenabzeichen Legion Condor

Article about: Very nice one...

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Just to add a little clarity to the thread if I might;

It seems to me that the terms "Condor Legion Wound badge" and "1st pattern" are simply labels often used by collectors to differentiate between the designs but that some people have become rether convinced by the LC designation.

I think that in the first case Leprechaun was asking whether there is a difference between "LC" and "1st patt" in response to the question posed by SteveR (note the question mark, easily missed if you just concentrate on the word order!) and not suggesting such difference.

As CBH points out, the numbers issued to LC members was relatively low compared to later issues and that the so called 1st patt was used during WWII. Therefore, in the absence of provenance the chances of this being an LC award are rather slim.

Perhaps we as a community should try to establish an accepted way of referring to this badge but then what's in a name?

Maybe if one includes the WWI version, which would be 1st patt (1918) this would in fact be the 2nd patt (1936) and the later WWII would be the 3rd patt (1939) followed by the 4th patt (20 Jul 44) .

Or, perhaps we could leave things as they are, a bit confused

Anyway, we all seem to agree that Leprechaun has a very nice example here whatever we decide to call it

Regards

Mark

perfect summary !!!! thank you very much !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Angolia refers to this pattern as 1936/39 in "For Führer and Fatherland" which I think describes it quite well . He does reference a 1936/39 pattern being issued as late as 1941 .
    Cheers Chris

MAP
    ?

No doubt, the example shown us great. Was just looking for clarity as I full agree on the confusing terminology used by collectors.

This is a good thread and a great example of why this forum is so great.

Thanks to everyone!!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    No doubt, the example shown us great. Was just looking for clarity as I full agree on the confusing terminology used by collectors.

This is a good thread and a great example of why this forum is so great.

Thanks to everyone!!

M
    agree completely, i'm a very young member and this forum is absolutely the best ! i was never spending much time in forums but i believe i'll stay here for long time ;-)

thanks to all, really!

sbg
    ?

Nice early one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12