Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen Marked 81: Factory Conversion to Silber?

Article about: Hi, all. I just came across this interesting piece and wanted some feedback and opinions on it. As you can see it's a steel-based 1939 WB that the seller claims is a factory conversion to si

Exclamation Verwundetenabzeichen Marked 81: Factory Conversion to Silber?

Hi, all. I just came across this interesting piece and wanted some feedback and opinions on it. As you can see it's a steel-based 1939 WB that the seller claims is a factory conversion to silver grade by over-spraying excess black-grade wound badges. The seller claims you will also encounter wound badges by this maker (Overhoff und Cie) over-sprayed in a gold color.
    I have heard of some people receiving these types of wound badges from vets but I've also heard that some collectors believe that the excess stock was over-sprayed postwar.
    Anyone have any info or opinion on this and similar pieces? It's going for $45 which is about a fair price for a black grade I would think.

Thanks for any help!
    Best to all,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images Verwundetenabzeichen Marked 81: Factory Conversion to Silber?  Verwundetenabzeichen Marked 81: Factory Conversion to Silber?  Verwundetenabzeichen Marked 81: Factory Conversion to Silber? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Marked 81: Factory Conversion to Silber?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen Marked 81: Factory Conversion to Silber?

It just appears to be a BWB made to look silver to fool collectors .I have not heard of spraying excess WBs before, but if it is the case I would be interested to know

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Adam, an original but resprayed badge..Save your money.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Authentic BWB but kind of ruined by the attempt to masquerade it as a silver grade. I thought it was a plausible story, but then again even if it were true it's still basically a hollow black grade WB.

Best,
    Adam

?

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    the seller claims.................
    ..........The seller claims you will also encounter wound badges by this maker (Overhoff und Cie) over-sprayed in a gold color.............
    Don't forget Adam,
    Sellers (or should I say certain sellers) will claim an awful lot if they think there's a sale to be made. The likelyhood is that you might well find a hollowback gold grade next time you look!
    As always, evaluate the item, not the story.
    If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a fish.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....