MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen - original?

Article about: Recently picked up this wound badge in a small group of bits and my plan is to sell it on but I'm not convinced it's original as I've had differing opinions, is there anyone who could put me

Default Verwundetenabzeichen - original?

Recently picked up this wound badge in a small group of bits and my plan is to sell it on but I'm not convinced it's original as I've had differing opinions, is there anyone who could put me out of my misery and decide if this ones safe or fake rubbish.

Many thanks

Cheers John.Verwundetenabzeichen - original?Verwundetenabzeichen - original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen - original?
    P
    Many

Looks good to me...Looks like the Steel Variant, should be magnetic...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn, it was the paint finish that seemed off to me and the additional berrys on the swords.. just put the magnet to it and it is a steel one

Cheers john.

Hi John,
    I believe the extra laurel berries indicate that it is likely made by Grossmann & Co.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, would they also be associated with souval as I'm sure that was also mentioned to me

Cheers john.

Quote by Johndevon View Post
    Hi Ralph, would they also be associated with souval as I'm sure that was also mentioned to me

Cheers john.
    I don't think so, but I have read that some Deumer wound badges were obviously made by Grossmann and contain the extra berries, and were marketed by Deumer.
    I believe the only other maker to exhibit the extra berries was Glasser & Sohne, but they are usually marked
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the knowledgeable info Ralph it's much appreciated, and I'm glad to hear it's ok.

Cheers john

Hi guys,

Sorry to spoil the party, but this badge appears to match a known fake with the Souval "claw" catch as has already been mentioned. The hardware is different, granted, but that catch looks like no genuine one I can recall. Take a look here at the reverse side of the known Souval fake. I've highlighted a couple of possible flaws that seem to match the OP's badge almost exactly. The obverse side is extremely weak in appearance and too soft for me to feel happy about this badge as being a genuine piece. I may be wrong on this, and other more knowledgeable opinions should be sort to clarify matters regarding it's authenticity. But as it stands right now, this one isn't for me.

Verwundetenabzeichen - original?Verwundetenabzeichen - original?Verwundetenabzeichen - original?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for that Ned!
    I was too focused on John's comment about the extra laurel berries. I wanted to check my facts about that before commenting.
    Ralph.

Thanks Ned, the example shown in your pics seems to match my one posted exactly and I'm not happy to sell this one on as I myself have just had that feeling about it, thanks gents all opinions much appreciated.

Cheers john

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast