Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.

Article about: it would really help to see some better pictures of that hinge and catch.

it would really help to see some better pictures of that hinge and catch.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.
    P
    Many

Quote by Dean View Post
    Yes, Deumer is what I was eluding to
    I was hoping you were joking about the Dick-en Von so-and-so..!
    As said, it looks good. Nice condition, too. I've not seen these with such a dull coat of black paint,though it might be the pictures.. Mines probably greasy from handling too much
    The paint color is very rich, I don't think it has been used much..... Which is good for me.

- - Updated - -

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    it would really help to see some better pictures of that hinge and catch.

Its night time now but let me see what I can do....

The best pictures I can take at night....

that's not the set up i wanted to see. this is going to be a controversial badge

this is not a hinge block used by Duemer in BWBs.

if we could see the makers mark better, it is an "L" with a "short" horizontal "leg".

there are differences with berries and dot pattern to the obverse on this one as well.

the base metal is going to be brass but it's going to be a very "bright" brass.

it's not a BWB i'm comfortable with.

"L" with shortened horizontal leg:

catch and hinge block not used by Deumer and found on Floch L/11s:

characteristic dot pattern at lower edge of upper right sword blade (three dots leave the helmet edge travelling along the lower blade edge and abruptly end leaving a "blank row" from the third dot to the sword tip and in area of lower handle of same sword the dots become irregular:

i believe it's a Floch.

i always post these things and then feel i should apologise for my opinions when they are negative.

i get a little wrapped up in just getting the post up with the images and etc.

i know the others have disagreed with me and you are free to put more weight to their opinions however, my opinion is that this badge is not an original Deumer BWB.

another of the same origin as yours showing the same incorrect features:

?

interesting, I didnt see these details. It looked ok initially,with the provided images but they were a bit fuzzy. So L/11's were made by other firms? or are you saying its a copy?

in my opinion it's a copy. and one i am familiar with. this is not the first one i've seen.

you see the one with the yellow arrows... they all share the traits found in the OP's badge.

they are good copies and will pass examination on the first run through if one is not familiar with this particular fake, but it is indeed a known fake.

i've highlighted the main issues the most damning of which is the hinge block. this block, as stated before, is not found on original L/11 examples.

this, with the other traits such as the short-legged "L" and characteristic dot pattern issues, make the identification.

?

I didn't scrutinize it like I would with other medals because it wasn't obviously a copy to me. Also, I never thought these got copied because they are a low end item. I would think they'd stick to the silver and gold ones. Thanks for the info, T-H, and sorry for giving false info. This lesson is good to know, thanks. What won't these guys fake?! Jeez.. Never ceases to amaze me.

well i wouldn't feel badly about it. this is one that passes all the time.

but once you have seen these issues, as you now have, you'll pause the next time you see even one of them and with that you will scrutinize and, low and behold, you'll see all the rest of them. each of these will have them all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast