Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - opinions?

Article about: Haven't had one before that looks like this, so I thought I'd ask the Forum hive mind. Thoughts on this one? Thanks in advance!

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - opinions?

Haven't had one before that looks like this, so I thought I'd ask the Forum hive mind. Thoughts on this one? Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - opinions?   Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - opinions?
    P
    Many

I can't see anything glaringly wrong with it. the metal under the paint looks a bit 'fresh', but it could simply be a case of the paint coming off more recently. Best to wait for the opinions of some more experienced members, but I do like the look of this one.

B.B.

I dont like how that badge looks at all.

Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    I dont like how that badge looks at all.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Anything in particular? There are a few details that give me pause - I'm curious if those are standing out to you, as well.

It could be genuine zinc Deschler type 1 black wound badge, actually.

Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    It could be genuine zinc Deschler type 1 black wound badge, actually.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Compare with the examples posted in this thread.
    Wiedmann/Deschler Verwundetenabzeichen variants
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I do not see any Wiedmann/Deschler DNA in this badge. Maybe it is just the blurry image, but right sword handle is not showing any details. Also, cannot get a match of this badge in my reference library. But that does not say its fake, it could be genuine. But not really for me.

/Jonas

Hi Jonas, I am not sure do you have access to GCA database, but you can find there this example in section of unmarked zinc black wound badges made by known maker. Although that right handle of the sword bothered me as well as roughness of the obverse surface, it seems actually that this badge is rather in bad condition, so that can be some damage and wear off, but pictures also are not the best.

Best regards,
    Franko

Hi Franko, yes I have access to the GCA database, but this in not an Deschler badge. Compare the swastika, not Deschler style at all.

/Jonas

I agree with Mr spunkmaja, the overall quality is soft in both the detail on the wreath as well as the swords. Personally I would pass.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast