Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber ,,30,, hook question

Article about: hello. need a little bit help with this badge, i have compared it with other photos and the hook should look other.i think its replaced...em i right? thanks

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber ,,30,, hook question

hello. need a little bit help with this badge, i have compared it with other photos and the hook should look other.i think its replaced...em i right? thanks

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber ,,30,, hook questionVerwundetenabzeichen in Silber ,,30,, hook questionVerwundetenabzeichen in Silber ,,30,, hook question
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-30-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber ,,30,, hook question
    P
    Many

You are correct. Replaced for sure.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

still a nice badge.

It's a good "Verwundetenabzeichen im silber", PKZ 30 from Hauptmünzenamt Wien (Austria)???
    I have doubts... it's original???

No expert by any means but the pebbling looks quite poor!....

?

I would have serious doubts about this badge being original. I believe it is a fake that someone has taken some sandpaper to to make it appear like a worn original.

When you compare the obverse details to an original '30' there are several differences that raise red flags for me.

Note the size of the rivet on the helmet. The location of the front brim of the helmet in relation to where it touches the leaf, the shape of the leaves in the wreath, the pebbling in the background, the shape of the ribbon bow at the bottom.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree with Adrian, too much red flags from what to exspect from an original Hauptmünzenamt.

/Jonas

its not mine i was only curious about the hook...anyway thanks for opinions.

I think for sure a copy badge. Look how weak the '30' on the reverse is. See here for comparison...

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber ,,30,, hook question