Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hello everybody, I was offered this denazified wound badge. It has a "26" mark on the reverse. What's your opinion? Everything looks ok? Thank a lot for any help.

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber

Hello everybody,

I was offered this denazified wound badge.

It has a "26" mark on the reverse.

What's your opinion? Everything looks ok?

Thank a lot for any help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

An original, de-Nazified, silver wound badge by B.H. Mayer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

The price should reflect the de-Nazification.

While I don't own any de-Nazification items and many collectors shy away from them, I actually think that these are just another part of the "history" of the war and post war.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for your expertise rbminis!

Quote by MAP View Post
    The price should reflect the de-Nazification.

While I don't own any de-Nazification items and many collectors shy away from them, I actually think that these are just another part of the "history" of the war and post war.
    Map, the price for this badge is very interesting -less than 20 euro- (and this is why I needed a feedback), and it was also the reason why I decided to buy it (being the first of this kind I buy).

Maybe denazified items are less "nice" compared to undamaged ones, but those "scars" come straight from history!

Greetings.

Quote by VanPanz View Post

but those "scars" come straight from history!

Greetings.

Not always, there is no way to know for sure.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by VanPanz View Post

Map, the price for this badge is very interesting -less than 20 euro- (and this is why I needed a feedback), and it was also the reason why I decided to buy it (being the first of this kind I buy).

Maybe denazified items are less "nice" compared to undamaged ones, but those "scars" come straight from history!

Greetings.
    It really depends on your collecting focus. Yes this might be a genuine piece of the logical line of history and it might even be that a German soldier who joined the new Bundeswehr might have de-nazified his own badge for wear in his new career (although I feel that a little unlikely) rather than buy a '57 badge.

Undoubtedly, some former german soldiers did de-nazify their badges in order to keep them but who can say if this is such a piece?

The explanation could any of a number of possibilities. In the end you have to decide whether you want an intact original, a '57 badge or in between a disfigured piece. To each his own choice but without provenance to say what the history of this piece is I think 20 Euro might be "pushing the envelope".

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

de-Nazified items could also be caused by the Vet who "liberated" the item. So another line of what I would consider an acceptable "Historical" item.

That said, I do agree that it is near impossible to know who/what/where/ when.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)