Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen Silver

Article about: Picked this up the other day, silver wound badge in decent shape. Thanks for looking John

Default Verwundetenabzeichen Silver

Picked this up the other day, silver wound badge in decent shape. Thanks for looking

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Silver   Verwundetenabzeichen Silver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Silver
    P
    Many

Looks ok to me. Can you upload better pics so it's easier to identify the maker? It looks like a Klein & Quenzer but again, better quality pictures would be needed to confirm this.

Regards,
    MG.

Hi MG. uploading a couple of hopefully better quality pics of badge.

Regards John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Silver   Verwundetenabzeichen Silver  

Hi John, thanks for the pictures. Having studied the badge a bit more, I'm almost sure the maker is Paul Meyhauer.

Any other opinions?

Meybauer did not use this type of hardware.
    It appears to be a K&Q but they are normally maker marked.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, thanks for reviewing my badge. I did a little research and found this meybaurer badge from a 4/10/16 posting. To me it looks like a exact match. The only difference being no maker mark on the pin. Wondering what I am missing, no expert here. I liked how the back rivet matched up.

Regards,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images Verwundetenabzeichen Silver  Verwundetenabzeichen Silver 

Hi Ralph, I was having some problems posting so writing my answer to your posting in two parts. I agree with you that this badge looks like a K&Q. The hardware on the badge is very similar. The question is... were all K&Q wound badges maker marked. If so then this badge is possible a fake under K&Q production guidelines. I bought badge from a very knowledgeable person on badges. We all can make mistakes though. I pass on many of the K&Q wound badges marked 65, too many variant of the number 65 for me to be sure.

Regards
    John

John, that is the piece that led me to think yours could be a Meybauer.

John, try to take some more photos in natural light. The ones you posted are out of focus and it is difficult to see the details.
    Also, wait for other opinions, there are other members that know wound badges far better than me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, I know my pics were not the greatest, so here are some in natural light. They show more of the fine detail and the real color of the badge. Hope it helps with the research of this badge.

John

Verwundetenabzeichen Silver   Verwundetenabzeichen Silver  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast