Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen Silver MM Question

Article about: I came across this medal and was trying to match up the maker mark with a legit on from this forum. I could not find this 5, the bottom of the 5 looks not right. Opinions welcomed

Default Verwundetenabzeichen Silver MM Question

I came across this medal and was trying to match up the maker mark with a legit one from this forum. I could not find this 5, the bottom of the 5 looks not right. Opinions welcomed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Silver MM Question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Silver MM Question
    P
    Many

It says '65' Klein & Quenzer.

I know it is MM 65. My question is about the number 5, I can not match it up to another 65 medal.

Default Verwundetzaichen in Silber

I want to ask the board if anyone has seen a silver wound badge with maker mark 65 that looks like this one. The number 5 at the bottom curls up which I have not been able to match. The medal besides that looks good.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Silver MM Question  

Perhaps a Variant...A photo of the Front would be great...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-18-2017 at 09:10 PM.

I have done a little more research but I still can not match up this 65. When someone says a variant does that mean fake. This badge also is dark grey which could be a concern. With the lack of response from the members of this board to comment, I decided to pass on it.

Variant does not mean it's fake ... it means that dozens of thousands of these have been manufactured not all units look the same.

It's hard to say with single picture like that, as Glenn asked before ...

Thanks !

Here's another question. Would you rather buy a piece that you can verify or a variant? I feel that a variant would be harder to sell or trade later on. I am up loading a front pic for Glenn.
    Last edited by War Medals; 09-19-2017 at 04:18 PM.