Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichens

Article about: Hello gents Another stupid question coming up!! I was wondering did a serviceman/woman... automatilcally get the gold wound badge if killed in action? I thinks not !! but I aint sure!! thank

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichens

Hello gents Another stupid question coming up!!
    I was wondering did a serviceman/woman... automatilcally get the gold wound badge if killed in action? I thinks not !! but I aint sure!! thanks for your time Terry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichens
    P
    Many

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichens

Hi Terry, not a stupid question, no such thing!

These were not awarded to the next of kin. If they were, there would be HUGE amounts of them out there.

After March 1943 Goebbels asked for, and was granted, for the badge to be allowed to be given to civillian victims of the Allied air raids.

However, some awards, such as the Campaign shields series were presented along with the citation to the relatives.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A good question!

I think they were sent to their next of kin. I know the 20th of July Wound Badge certainly was

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Cheers Ade & Nick , I was thinking not myself because like Ade says there would be millions out there & they wouldnt cost so much to purchase!! Like ive just done lol.. otherwise ive been seen off (only joking) So if the soldier died he/she got the campaign shield & Death card..what about penisions?? because it doesnt seem like a lot.....Cheers Terry....

Hi Terry, the next of kin got his awards and paperwork and a small pension.

The card card was something the family published themselves privatly if they wished.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Cool thanks Ade..very interesting.. there seem to be lots of Death cards about!!!...Terry