Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

what kind of pins are these

Article about: i just picked thes up today, i think that 1 of them is a black wound badge, the other is possibly a police badge, and for the other i have know clue to what it could be. can someone please t

dbale
    ?

Question what kind of pins are these

i just picked thes up today, i think that 1 of them is a black wound badge, the other is possibly a police badge, and for the other i have know clue to what it could be. can someone please tell me what they are and opinions. mod please move if in wrong section. thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what kind of pins are these   what kind of pins are these  

Attached Images Attached Images what kind of pins are these  what kind of pins are these  what kind of pins are these  what kind of pins are these 

2. # ADS

Default Re: what kind of pins are these

Wound badge in black is a early example made of Tombak, it is just a pity the finish has gone from the front. But still a good original award.

The other two badges are WHW donation badges.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: PLEASE do not use photo host sites: I have uploaded the pics direct for you.

Hello there,

Indeed a stamped tombak wound badge in black. I believe the other pins are donation tinnies.

William Kramer

?

Yes. What Ade means by WHW is WinterHilfswerk. These were support pins. There were lots of other items as well like toy soldiers and stuff. Lee

Your first item is a 3KWHW-RSS Tag der Polizei (Day of the Police/Police Day) donation badge (T461). This means it was a national street collection (Reichsstraßensammlung/RSS) from the third wartime charity drive (3KWHW). This badge was distributed by the Polizei and the TN on the 14/15.2.42 and made of zinc. Your second item is a 3KWHW-RSS Tag der Wehrmacht (Day of the Armed Forces/Armed Forces Day) donation badge (T472 ). There were three in the collection, and yours is number one. These were distributed on the 28/29.3.42 by the NSKOV, NSRKB, DRK and the RTB, and were made of zinc.