Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Army WOUND BADGE produced after WW2

Article about: Hi everyone One more medal seems different than the common ones.Please have a look thanks. It's said that it is WW2 German Army WOUND BADGE produced after WW2 and awarded to German Army WW2

Default WW2 German Army WOUND BADGE produced after WW2

Hi everyone
    One more medal seems different than the common ones.Please have a look thanks.

It's said that it is WW2 German Army WOUND BADGE produced after WW2 and awarded to German Army WW2 wounded Veterans replacing the ones with the swastika to comply with the German law prohibiting wearing military orders/medals... with swastika.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Army  WOUND BADGE produced  after WW2   WW2 German Army  WOUND BADGE produced  after WW2  

WW2 German Army  WOUND BADGE produced  after WW2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Army  WOUND BADGE produced  after WW2
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 German Army WOUND BADGE produced after WW2

Kevin,

Cut out badges such as this were produced during and shortly after WWI as private purchase pieces. This type was popular among officers of the time. The absence of the swastika on this type has nothing to do with the 1957 German law that created (and abolished) many awards worn during WWII as this type never had the swas on it.

I should note that the 1936 so called "Spanish VWA" used the WW1 stalhelm but also included the swas on that form. Maybe this is what you were thinking of. The major difference would be the hardware, what you have has WWI period style hardware, this was not used on the 1957 variants.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Steve
    It's nice to get your helpful expertise again.So you mean this one is authentic WWI silver lever wound badge?Is it more valuable than the one I thought?

BTW The seller is willing to give me full refund for the Iron cross set.Hope he will keep his words,I will let you know when I can afford the replacement.thanks again.

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Hi Steve
    It's nice to get your helpful expertise again.So you mean this one is authentic WWI silver lever wound badge?Is it more valuable than the one I thought?

BTW The seller is willing to give me full refund for the Iron cross set.Hope he will keep his words,I will let you know when I can afford the replacement.thanks again.
    Not a problem Kevin. As far as I can tell, this looks like a near mint original WWI-era VWA. As far as value, yes, it is more valuable than a de-nazified version of any Wound Badge. I believe these are going for about $125-ish.

I have been out of the VWA collecting world for a while now so please wait for other members who are currently active in collecting these for more opinions. However, I do think this is a good one from what I see.

BTW...I believe the maker of this badge can be identified as I had a silver (non-cut out versions) that were marked on the reverse. It was marked H.T. or E.S., I just can't remember which. I will try to find the file photo to show you the comparison and similarity.

Good to hear about the seller working with you on the set of medals.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

What was the outcome of this ? Was it real ?