Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww2 wound badge m16helmet

Article about: hello i just got this in the mail and is there someone who can help me or can give me some tips for restoring this badge thanks in advance

Default ww2 wound badge m16helmet

hello

i just got this in the mail and is there someone who can help me or can give me some tips for restoring this badge

thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 wound badge m16helmet   ww2 wound badge m16helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 wound badge m16helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: ww2 wound badge m16helmet

the medal is an eye found during a sand delivery
    the sand came from Bunde Ostfriesland but it is unknown were the medal was really lost

hope some one can give me more info about the medal
    and value

Hi, this is a so called "Spanish pattern/Legion Condor pattern/1936 pattern" wound badge. Take your pick on the name

These were made by many diferent makers and can be found in slightly different designs due to this. All are unmarked.

Yours in the lowest grade in black. Although the design was replaced by the familiar 1939 pattern Verwundetenabzeichen, they were still issued until stocks were exhausted, so they were still being issued early in WW2.

DO NOT do anything to it (even though this is now in poor condition) otherwise you would then completly de-value it. I cannot really help on value, but it will be fairly low due to the condition.

Cheers, Ade.

hi ade

still a nice piece for just 7euro
    but if the restoration work is done well is the value still going down

That is a great price!

Yes, any kind of "restoration" (which in this case would mean repainting) will kill the value of this badge to any serious colector. Enjoy it for what it is.

This pattern of Verwundetenabzeichen is one of my interests. I think they are great. I have shown my black, silver and gold ones on the forum in the past. You can see them here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...abzeichen.html

Cheers, Ade.

nice goldie you got i only have a silver one and a black one that is complete whit a document and the swas was tried to remove but is still kind of there

maybe i did something stupit but i kinda like it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 wound badge m16helmet   ww2 wound badge m16helmet  

Not stupid...I think if you were planning on displaying this badge - that pin will certainly help "keep it upright". It also didn't change the look of the wound badge. If you were to repaint it - that would greatly affect the value.
    Hey - Great badge too Ade!!
    I'm still on the hunt for a Gold '36....I have the black and silver...Here are a couple quick pics of those two badges, and my collection so far....

Cheers!

Rob

ww2 wound badge m16helmet   ww2 wound badge m16helmet  

ww2 wound badge m16helmet  

hi

absolutly stunning
    and those two on the left buttom are those imperial navy woundbadges

Hey...Yes, they are...Still have to find a real Gold example of the imp. navy - and I stress real! Lots of repros out there.
    Glad you like 'em...I started out with wanting one TR black/silver/gold, then got into the imperial, then the priv. purchase cutouts, then the....
    hahhahaa.....I like the one of each and the hunt continues for a gold Navy and a gold '36.
    I've resigned myself to the fact that I will not own a Juli 20 '44 badge (unless I get a reproduction).

Cheers!

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast