Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

American vs British AR15 Magazines Pouches

Article about: Below are pics of two different types of magazine pouches used by American and UK troops to store AR15 / M16 rifle magazines

?

Australian SAS belt kit, as worn in Vietnam by Don Barnaby, F Troop, 2 Sqn SASR (Australian War Memorial)

American vs British AR15 Magazines Pouches

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement American vs British AR15 Magazines Pouches
    P
    Many

Quote by Composite View Post
    I wasn't aware we (Brits) had kit for M16 mags......FNs / SLR ????
    Also used extensively in Belize and by some units in Northern Ireland for rural COP (Covert OP) patrols in places like South Armagh.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by MAP View Post
    But could also fall out easier.
    I can see that it looks that way but they don't. The mags sit quite snugly but maybe it is also something to do with the way that kit discipline ie returning empties to the pouch as part of the reloading drill and keeping pouches fastened is so deeply ingrained in British training. I know it is simply good practice but the British training regime makes it a genuine "muscle memory" and almost paranoic at times. In basic training an insecure pouch resulted sometimes in a very unpleasant learning experience usually for the whole platoon!

It is one of those things that just never leaves you and I am still affected by it but now it's my pockets and work bag / rucksack etc it's the old "riding a bike" syndrome and I am sure some people who notice think I am a bit mad

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12